NCSoft Vs. Marvel

Started by Drunkener, March 11, 2005, 01:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkener

Well it looks like the case got thrown out.  I like the reason too...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/11/news_6120231.html

I know there was probably a thread about this in the past here, but I decided against resurrecting it because its gotta be over a month old.
Greatest Ebay feedback ever: BOUGTH IT FOR MY COUSIN WHO HAD CANCER, ITEM NEVER ARRIVED AND MY COUSIN DIED

Mr. Analog

LOL, that was hilarious!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

PVP Online comic Not the start of the plot arch but close.. follow this one for a few comics, some of it is really funny.

Darren Dirt

Geez, what Marvel did "i.e. the evidence was created by the Plaintiff (!)" seems like something out of a lame story arc in a web comic :rolleyes:

But it's not "thrown out", just most of the claims are... it seems like a few items will still be tried, however I doubt that actual DAMAGE (required in a civil suit) as well as DIRECT CAUSE BY NCSOFT (the other requirement in a civil suit) will be able to be proven by FACTUAL EVIDENCE (again, a requirement, not just a boogeyman theory "it COULD happen your honor...")

My 2 bits anyway. I'm not a lawyer, but in a way Da Law has become a sorta hobby for me; I been reading a lot especially direct from Black's Law Dictionary, and especially countless heavily-crosslinked Wiki entries (most conveniently accessible via TheFreeDictionary.com, for example Civil Law , Cause of action etc.)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.