FarmCo Plans Massive Sugar Refinery

Started by Mr. Analog, July 18, 2013, 12:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

FarmCo Industries (a subsidiary of Great Eastern) is planning to build a large sugar processing facility near the sand mines in the east Gaddrian desert. The factory will be semi-automated using the latest technologies (including light sensors and hoppers).

Construction to begin in July 2013

Mr. Analog
CEO
Great Eastern Mining Company

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Farmasu Inc. A division of Tomasu Mining Co has recently developed a fully automated sugar cane harvesting system.

We would be interested in demoing it for FarmCo, and if interested, installing a larger version to suit.

(I have a chest full of sugar cane, possibly a double chest, and thats what I got from a single row of 8 sugar cane plants, and idling/working around in the area for a while)
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 18, 2013, 01:03:24 PM
Two can play the Sugar game!!

I have more than enough cane, so I don't need a larger version :D I was offering a co-op setup :)

I have another system I've been working on for automatically farming chicken/feathers/eggs, but the item elevator is getting gummed up >:(

Thorin

The citizens of the town of Southern Junction look forward to using sugar in their future beverages, thanks to the magnanimity of both FarmCo and Farmasu.  Their benevolent dictator, ThorinC, has not spoken out on the subject.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

The FarmCo Sugar Facility is GO!

It allows sugar cane to grow to a height of 3 before a BUD switch triggers pistons which push the cane into a water channel that leads to a hopper connected to a chest. I have this on two layers and can process 28 sugar cane plants without any interaction.

I have noticed that some cane will not make it to the channel, this is due to the nature of pistons and I think if I had enough slime to make sticky pistons I could have widened the design on either side and added block entities to do the pushing.

This is the first BUD switch I've built and it works remarkably well, I got the design from the Minecraft wiki.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I've decided to not use bud switches. They eventually break. I just set up a timer.

Mr. Analog

I had considered using a light sensor to set it off when the sun went down but this worked so well C:
By Grabthar's Hammer