Abandoned Mine Run

Started by Mr. Analog, March 22, 2012, 09:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

So I checked out the mine today... lite most of it up with torches I think.  But there isn't much in there that I can see.  I also cleaned up some more track and added it to the spawn station chest.  Seems to be a nice spider spawn down there that I barred up and signed up so you guys know where it is when you look for it this weekend.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Lazybones

I found two or 3 chests when I went in... Not sure how big those mines are supposed to be..

Lazybones

Maybe we should build a monster grinder around the spawn-er. hehehe...

Mr. Analog

Well it sounds like you guys cleared out most of the good stuff already, might as well clear the rest of it without me...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Melbosa on March 23, 2012, 04:43:40 PM
So I checked out the mine today... lite most of it up with torches I think.  But there isn't much in there that I can see.  I also cleaned up some more track and added it to the spawn station chest.  Seems to be a nice spider spawn down there that I barred up and signed up so you guys know where it is when you look for it this weekend.
You should be able to disable the spawn with a couple (four?) torches next to it. that way you dont have to bother with boxing it up or anything. and its simple to re-enable.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Melbosa

No way... there is a lot in there to clear out yet... so much wood for example, and as Lazy says, there may be way more to the mine.  I just ran through with torches today and picked up coal when I needed it.  I didn't run across much iron (actually the only Iron I did see was in the big crevice entrance and I built up to it figuring there was more in the mine).  I think though, a lot of the mine does run into dead ends which maybe with some mining would issue some great rewards.

With the spider spawn sealed up (I just blocked off the exits to the area where the spawn is but not the spawn itself) the mine isn't as much dangerous at the moment.  I did however see more track and mine down where the spider spawn was, but didn't dare go in there alone to try and clear it out (was dense with Spiders).  Perhaps we can arrange a wander down there this weekend as a party so we can clear it right out and watch each others backs!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!