Experimental Tekkit Server

Started by Tom, May 11, 2012, 09:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

So I added 6 more chambers to my reactor last night and created an upgraded Mark I, I was very happy with the power output of this safe design. It was enough to run my large quarry at top speed with power left over to charge my storage and run all my machines.

I also changed my factory a bit, I upgraded my electric furnace to an induction furnace (amazingly fast) and added 3 mascerators.

Pipe clogs are now a recurring problem, and the only way out is to use diamond pipes I think.

VERY ANNOYING PROBLEM. Earlier I worked out a large loop system that ensured stuff stayed in motion and didn't clog the pipes but it's slow as hell and thanks to the random deterministic nature of each branch sometimes ore would just roll around not getting processed.

The only solution I have now is to sort the ores and then feed them into the machines, on the plus side I accidentally made WAY too many diamond pipes earlier on thinking they were glass fibre... on the down side I'm going to have to build a mascerator for each ore type.

Not that that's particularly hard or anything, just ... annoying.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Some of the advanced pipes might help you out a bit. Or you could play with RedPower pneumatic tubes (they are made from brass, you know you like brass, the only thing RP2 is missing now is brass goggles).
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on July 12, 2012, 11:38:25 AM
Some of the advanced pipes might help you out a bit. Or you could play with RedPower pneumatic tubes (they are made from brass, you know you like brass, the only thing RP2 is missing now is brass goggles).

Yeah, I was looking at sorting machines and all that stuff on the wiki after I logged off, I think I can achieve the same sort of setup using sorting pipes (and avoiding having to switch to blutricity? I think that's what all that stuff runs on)

Yeah! I should reskin my avatar as a mad scientist! haha
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 12, 2012, 01:29:53 PM
Quote from: Tom on July 12, 2012, 11:38:25 AM

Yeah, I was looking at sorting machines and all that stuff on the wiki after I logged off, I think I can achieve the same sort of setup using sorting pipes (and avoiding having to switch to blutricity? I think that's what all that stuff runs on)

Yeah! I should reskin my avatar as a mad scientist! haha
Sorting pipes could help, but I think you could also make use of distribution pipes. they will equally split output into every direction. Instead of just being somewhat random. you could stick the distro pipe on to split into say 4 directions, and now 1/4 of all the materials head in each direction
and if you put an iron pipe on the input, you can stop any possible materials going back up the line.

But the nice thing about pneumatic tubes, is they don't drop items. They just send stuff back to where they came from, or bounce around a bit. Often they'll stay in filters or retrievers while the destinations don't have room.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on July 12, 2012, 01:46:50 PM
Sorting pipes could help, but I think you could also make use of distribution pipes. they will equally split output into every direction. Instead of just being somewhat random. you could stick the distro pipe on to split into say 4 directions, and now 1/4 of all the materials head in each direction
and if you put an iron pipe on the input, you can stop any possible materials going back up the line.

But the nice thing about pneumatic tubes, is they don't drop items. They just send stuff back to where they came from, or bounce around a bit. Often they'll stay in filters or retrievers while the destinations don't have room.

Wow! Okay, I may have to play around with that
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

So, bit of a question... where did everyone go?

It's like as soon as I get up to speed with Tekkit no one logs in anymore.

I highly doubt I am that intimidating.

Does anyone want to help me build a solar panel factory?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

AHH RUN AWAY RUN AWAY IT'S MR A!!!

Wait, I just realized that rhymes.

Also, I just realized I'm up in 7 hours and have to pack six people's worth of stuff into my Suburban while also saving room for said six people.

But anyway, have fun with Tekkit and don't forget us vanilla folk :)
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Pff, I'll be back if no one is online, that's for sure!

Anyway, have fun in the woods, don't forget to confiscate everyones' electronics ;)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Haven't even logged into the Tekkit server once... Too busy with my own stuff... Also prefer the pool to the computer in this weather.

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 13, 2012, 11:49:31 PM
So, bit of a question... where did everyone go?

It's like as soon as I get up to speed with Tekkit no one logs in anymore.

I highly doubt I am that intimidating.

Does anyone want to help me build a solar panel factory?
People's gots other things todo you know :P

I still haven't decided how I want to build my new base, now that I have all the materials I'll need for it.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Mr.A, you may want to check to see if you've been griefed.

It seems someone has been having some fun on the tekkit server.

I do believe I have daily and weekly backups, so a rewind should be fine.

And I'm considering going white list for the tekkit server.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on July 16, 2012, 09:22:27 PM

My house has been destroyed

My reactor has been destroyed

All my machines have been destroyed

The sad bit is someone wasted their time with this, restore to a backup plz
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 17, 2012, 12:19:40 AM
Quote from: Tom on July 16, 2012, 09:22:27 PM

My house has been destroyed

My reactor has been destroyed

All my machines have been destroyed

The sad bit is someone wasted their time with this, restore to a backup plz
Will do.

Tom

If anyone knows who padraictoomey and Ninja_Adam are, please let me know.