Main Menu

FALLOUT 4

Started by Mr. Analog, June 02, 2015, 11:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

My dwellers all mostly have low luck :( Like 2-3 max :( Going to be quite a while till i get the game room too.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

I managed to get a guided fat boy from a lunchbox for one of my dwellers, they've been exploring for 18 hours and still have 2 stimpacks left (I kitted them out with 5 to start). They're level 25, when they left the Vault they were level 7.

I only have 1 room left to unlock now (the Nuka Cola bottling plant)

PROTIP: When you get to the stage where your broadcast can attract Deathclaws DON'T click on the icon unless 1. you really NEED another vault dweller 2. you are kitted out to deal with Deathclaws

They aren't really that deadly unless they have to go through a room more than once, the cleanup after they are dead is expensive though (gotta get the health of your dwellers back up it will deplete your stimpacks)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I got a new dweller from a lunch box last night, his luck is pretty high :o I sent him off on a trek but his other numbers weren't high enough to last very long so he's already on his way back :( I'll level him up a bit before sending him back out.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on September 13, 2015, 03:38:18 PM
I got a new dweller from a lunch box last night, his luck is pretty high :o I sent him off on a trek but his other numbers weren't high enough to last very long so he's already on his way back :( I'll level him up a bit before sending him back out.

Yeah, once you get to the point where you can build different SPECIAL enhancing rooms you can focus on different things and build up a vault dwellers stats. Another option is to put them in a room that uses the skill that you want to boost, as they level up that skill will go up a little bit every level.

One thing to consider (and I'm not 100% sure on this yet) but in the Fallout games some weapons are affected by SPECIAL stats through combat skills for example the Energy Weapons skill in Fallout 3 is determined by
level = 2 + (2 + Perception) + (Luck / 2)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 15, 2015, 08:19:41 AM

Yeah, once you get to the point where you can build different SPECIAL enhancing rooms you can focus on different things and build up a vault dwellers stats. Another option is to put them in a room that uses the skill that you want to boost, as they level up that skill will go up a little bit every level.

One thing to consider (and I'm not 100% sure on this yet) but in the Fallout games some weapons are affected by SPECIAL stats through combat skills for example the Energy Weapons skill in Fallout 3 is determined by

Everything I've read says that their SPECIAL stats /do not/ raise when they level up. Their level is just their health.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on September 15, 2015, 02:07:43 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 15, 2015, 08:19:41 AM

Everything I've read says that their SPECIAL stats /do not/ raise when they level up. Their level is just their health.

Strange, I could have sworn this was happening, maybe I just equipped the right clothing to them and forgot.

It is possible to raise a dweller's SPECIAL stat over 10 by using clothes
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Ugh, I sold too many guns when my wandering dwellers came back yesterday. I got a few/several new dwellers from the radio station the past day, and a couple of them at least don't have guns. I'll have to send out some more explorers soon, but I've been trying to level up their stats to make them live longer out there.

Mr. Analog

How many dwellers do you have in your Vault?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on September 15, 2015, 03:57:55 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 15, 2015, 02:46:33 PM
42 or so.

Cool! Sounds like you're on the way to happy Vault!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 15, 2015, 04:39:03 PM
Quote from: Tom on September 15, 2015, 03:57:55 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 15, 2015, 02:46:33 PM
42 or so.

Cool! Sounds like you're on the way to happy Vault!
To begin with i was at 90%+ :D but after I expanded a bit, some dwellers were sticking around 75% for some reason. They were in the right jobs, so I never really figured it out. But they are slowly getting back up to where they were.

Mr. Analog

You can up happiness by letting them out of the vault and / or makin' babies. Additionally rushing a room and succeeding has a positive effect (while failing has a negative effect that seems to last forever)

BUT the resultant children only have a happiness of 50%, so for a brief moment you'll have a higher avg

I do think that there is a bug with how happiness works, it's really hard to keep up. Max I can hit now is 90% and even that doesn't last (certainly not enough to get past my B+ rating)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 15, 2015, 05:28:25 PM
You can up happiness by letting them out of the vault and / or makin' babies. Additionally rushing a room and succeeding has a positive effect (while failing has a negative effect that seems to last forever)

BUT the resultant children only have a happiness of 50%, so for a brief moment you'll have a higher avg

I do think that there is a bug with how happiness works, it's really hard to keep up. Max I can hit now is 90% and even that doesn't last (certainly not enough to get past my B+ rating)
Yeah, I think its the rapid growth that killed my rating. Too many people with 50% all within a day or two (like tens). My averages have all been 80%+ so it's not horrible, and its raised back up to high 80s and low 90s, so its not too bad.

I have some more prep to do to send out my explorers again. I want to raise more of their stats before I send them out. Though to improve their luck I'll need to have a baby boom :o Not sure I want to do that yet, though I think I'm almost ready for it, with having raised the stats of several dwellers in their favorite jobs to almost max :D My power plant is three wide, and i think fully upgraded. It can do a lot :D though it was having a hard time keeping up at one point, so I built another plant, then updated a couple dweller's stats for power, and that helped quite a bit.

Mr. Analog

Sometimes I find if I juggle workers between rooms of the same type it seems to up things

Especially if I have a spate of failed rushes.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Hm, interesting. It's hard to juggle between when you mostly only have one big room of each. lol. I'll eventually need to duplicate them mind you.