Main Menu

Wii Woes

Started by Mr. Analog, November 24, 2006, 01:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shayne

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 24, 2006, 10:54:22 AMThat's who I meant by 'the Big "N"', apparently there is no fix for this problem that a home user can do without voiding their warranty. On the plus side, it's all free.

I was talking about calling up purolator and such.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Shayne on November 24, 2006, 10:56:17 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 24, 2006, 10:54:22 AMThat's who I meant by 'the Big "N"', apparently there is no fix for this problem that a home user can do without voiding their warranty. On the plus side, it's all free.

I was talking about calling up purolator and such.

Ah, I see, well they get their instruction from Nintendo, I don't have to call them.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

Oh thats good.  It would just be pure crap if you had to pay a dime of the exchange.

Mr. Analog

The best part is that I get to keep everything else, I just return the console unit.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 24, 2006, 01:10:38 PM
The best part is that I get to keep everything else, I just return the console unit.

Just so you know it sounds like save games can not be transfered between systems currently. In case you where planning on backing them up.

Cova

It'd be even better if they did returns the way Visor used to (which i went through when the touch-screen stopped working on mine back in the day).

Have the manufacturer ship you a new one, and they take your CC number.  You have a month then to put the old/broken one back into the box the replacement came in, stick the pre-paid shipping label that also came in the box onto the outside, and drop it off at purolator.  If you don't return the old one, then they charge the CC for the new one.  I'd rather go the month having a partially working unit than nothing at all - and for devices with data on them, having both for a short time makes transfering stuff between 'em easy.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on November 24, 2006, 01:19:30 PM

Just so you know it sounds like save games can not be transfered between systems currently. In case you where planning on backing them up.

I haven't gotten far enough in anything yet for it to matter, I formatted my Wii last night anyway.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Formatting a game console sounds weird :o
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on November 24, 2006, 02:53:18 PM
Formatting a game console sounds weird :o
How about erasing the built in memory card? Sound better?