iPhone Rogers Rate plans

Started by Lazybones, June 19, 2008, 03:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

http://www.ehmac.ca/ipod-itunes-iphone-apple-tv/65885-rogers-iphone-information-activation-data-plans-sign-up-process-etc.html
QuotePricing and Plans
Device Pricing:
$199 8GB and $299 16GB for new activations and qualified upgrades with existing 2 or 3-year agreements.

Data Plans and Pricing:
The iPhone 3G will be activated on existing Rogers and Fido voice rate plans, but new data plans have been created for the 3G device.

All iPhone 3G customers are required to have one of the new data plans and qualifying voice plan.
Customers intending to use the iPhone 3G for access to corporate e-mail, business applications, or access to corporate intranet are required to activate with Enterprise Data Plan for iPhone.
SUP service discounts for both voice and data plans will apply to iPhone 3G.
RAC service discounts for voice and data will apply to iPhone 3G, when on a qualifying data plan.
Ambassadors will not get a discount on device purchase for iPhone 3G.
Data Pricing will be as follows:

Consumer Data Plan (must be added to qualified voice plan):
$30 - Unlimited Data (E-mail/Web), includes Visual Voicemail when subscribed to any voicemail service.

Enterprise Data Plan (must be added to qualified voice plan):
$45 ? Unlimited Data with personal and corporate e-mail, web, includes Visual Voicemail when subscribed to any voicemail service.

Thorin

Thirty bucks a month for unlimited data would be...  Pretty nice?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

We pay $100/mo for 1 Gb right now

Tonnica

It's about bloody time some provider offered an Unlimited Data rate. I'm increasingly using my RAZR for web-browsing and yes, I have exceeded $30 of combined data charges in one month (including the BS system access fee).

Too bad the new data plan is just for the 3G iPhone. Give me the opportunity to apply the same plan to the HTC Touch Pro and I'd be all over that.

Mr. Analog

Screw data, screw features, I'm gonna find me a stripped down phone (I see a few contenders available in Edmonton now) and run with that.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Tonnica on June 20, 2008, 01:05:40 PM
Too bad the new data plan is just for the 3G iPhone.
Rogers makes new BlackBerry plans official
Posted by Joshua Karp on Jun 20, 2008 2:09 pm 1 comment
Filed in BlackBerry, Rogers, Services
Rogers has just released a slew of new BlackBerry data plans for your emailing and browsing pleasure. There?s still no unlimited BIS option, which is a bit confounding given the upcoming unlimited iPhone Data plan, but this is Rogers after all, so we?re not terribly shocked. The new plans breakdown as follows:
?   $30 - 300 MB
?   $60 - 1 Gig
?   $80 - 3 Gig
?   $100 - 6 Gig

Tonnica

Quote from: Lazybones on June 20, 2008, 01:21:43 PM
?   $60 - 1 Gig
Consider that right now it costs a houndo for 1GB, that's better. However considering how it's still so bloody expensive to pay for data, I'll continue to stare this "gift horse" right in the mouth.

Darren Dirt

Samsung just released its $129 "Instinct" PDA Phone, to compete with the upcoming $199 "iPhone-3G"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/20/AR2008062002612_pf.html

At $130 with a two-year contract, the Instinct is a good handset and a great deal. But this iPhone look-alike is unlikely to slay Apple's upcoming 3G handset.

Overall, Samsung did a pretty good job on the touch screen. It's a resistive touch screen, so if you prefer you can use the little enclosed stylus instead of your fingertip.

Samsung includes not only a spare battery but also a small charging case for it, so you can be charging the spare all of the time while you're using the phone. This is one of the best features of the package.

...Also, in considering the price, it's worth noting that--unlike the iPhone--the Instinct is not based on internal flash memory. You need a microSD Card to store photos, music, games, and video. And though you can equip the handset with high-capacity cards if you wish, Samsung bundles only a 2GB microSD Card (along with an adapter so you can use it with readers that support the full-size SD format exclusively). In contrast, the $199 3G iPhone will come with 8GB of internal flash, so its premium price will cover at least some of the savings.

Another financial consideration: Sprint's $100 Simply Everything plan gives you all-you-can-eat data as well as unlimited voice calling (unless you're roaming). You'll be able to get a 3G iPhone bundle for less, but you'll pay more if you want unlimited voice calling, too. You'll enjoy international roaming and Wi-Fi for the extra money, however.

Samsung did a solid job on the Instinct; you have to admire the extensive feature list you get for the price. But with iPhone prices about to tumble even as Apple's hardware improves, the Instinct doesn't shape up as an iPhone killer.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Lazybones

Ya, I am well aware of almost ALL of the iPhone challengers. Trust me there the instinct is about as close as any of them come and yet it runs windows mobile and doesn't ship with anything close to the internal storage on the basic iPhone.

Also without seeing a none Samsung demo of how it responds my default assumption is that it is sluggish and a @%&#ty phone like all current WM devices I have seen or tried.