The Simpsons movie - leaked footage

Started by Darren Dirt, August 03, 2006, 04:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

...okay not really a "leak", since it was apparently shown at a Comic Con somewhere.

But not a "preview", pretty much just a storyboard (a couple of them -- notice 2 Flash movie players)...

http://throwawayyourtv.com/2006/07/simpsons-movie-previews.html

a) it's animated (i think there were rumours it might be live action)
b) it takes place somewhere cold (at least the first scene does)
c) Homer pisses off everybody (hence an "angry mob") so now the Mystery intrigues us, oooo... :)

and the apparent release date (expected) is 27Jul2007.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Lazybones

Interesting, but I stopped following the Simpsons over a year ago.. Maybe the movie will have a plot...... unlike most of the random crap from the last few years.

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Darren Dirt

Well, looks like the IMDB entry and the Official Trailer are out there for fans to enjoy and speculate over...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462538/
http://www.imdb.com/rg/title-tease/trailers/title/tt0462538/trailers

Mr. Analog

"Uh oh! We better get started!" Hah!

I can't wait to see what the final rating will be and/or what's left on the cutting room floor (Comic Book Guy gets powers, Lenny & Karl in exploding motorbike accident, topless Marge, the possibilities are endless!)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

I anticipate something very similar to the Family Guy movie, 3 stitched together episodes that people will have to pay to see instead of seeing for free on Global every Sunday.

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 11, 2006, 06:41:43 PM
I can't wait to see what the final rating will be and/or what's left on the cutting room floor (Comic Book Guy gets powers, Lenny & Karl in exploding motorbike accident, topless Marge, the possibilities are endless!)
No, man, don't limit yourself -- how about topless Marge "with" Lenny & Karl -- and by "with" I mean avec, if ya know what I mean, nudge nudge ne dire pas plus! ;D :o

Mr. Analog

Who pays for movies anymore, seriously?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Ummm... <timidly puts up hand>  But generally it's for kids' movies that we saw in the theater, downloaded a copy of while we were waiting for the DVD to come, and know that our kids will watch a hundred times...

Wait, don't you own hundreds upon hundreds of DVDs yourself? ???
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Yeah, but I stopped going to the Theatre regularily a few years ago mostly because if I go once, I've paid for half the DVD, and I might not like the movie.

I'm condoning piracy in this case, Hollywood is making it tough for me to justify slapping money down to go see overpaid crybabies make marginal movies.

I seem to recall ticket prices being around $7 back in '98, if this inflation calculator is to be believed if the price of the ticket had been simply following inflation (and IF it was seven bucks give or take) we should be paying somewhere around $8.41, not $12.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 12, 2006, 05:50:26 AM
Yeah, but I stopped going to the Theatre regularily a few years ago mostly because if I go once, I've paid for half the DVD, and I might not like the movie.

I'm condoning piracy in this case, Hollywood is making it tough for me to justify slapping money down to go see overpaid crybabies make marginal movies.

I seem to recall ticket prices being around $7 back in '98, if this inflation calculator is to be believed if the price of the ticket had been simply following inflation (and IF it was seven bucks give or take) we should be paying somewhere around $8.41, not $12.

Well, you wanna talk about a bargain? How's a twonie to see 30 movies (most of them ~5 minutes long) :)

Shayne

People's resistance to see movies in theater is going to be the death of the block buster uber movie.  Don't get me wrong, I'm generally not a fan of these movies and find myself preferring independent and foreign.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Shayne on October 12, 2006, 08:34:23 AM
People's resistance to see movies in theater is going to be the death of the block buster uber movie.  Don't get me wrong, I'm generally not a fan of these movies and find myself preferring independent and foreign.

I think you hit the nail on the head there, it might not be bad for the movie industry to suffer a recession of sorts. I don't think the industry can die per se, but it will have to go through some rigerous changes to grow.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Googletube and iTunes videos = the wave of the future, even for the Big Studios/Networks. I predict that a *lot* of people will be willing to plop down $1.99 thru Paypal to watch a medium-quality version of some "Hollywood blockbuster", whereas they would neither watch nor DVDpurchase said film unless and until the reviews come in to say "it's teh r0x0r$"... of course all this could be resolve by hiring decent screenwriters and decent directors and decent actors to tell actually interesting and unique stories. We need more Kurt Wimmers and Joss Whedens, more visionaries to push the limits of "blockbuster" territory away from 1) military ground combat/rescue of POW/corrupt General, 2) police buddies/corruption, 3) mob guy gain a conscience/seeks revenge ;)

Shayne

$1.99?  Uhh...iTunes movies are a heck of a lot more then that.  I don't honestly see movies dropping below the $10.00 barrier for a new release for a long time.