Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay

Started by Darren Dirt, August 27, 2018, 06:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on December 10, 2020, 10:39:30 PM
Quote from: Melbosa on December 10, 2020, 09:50:04 PMMy Alienware Aurora R11 arrived today with my 3090 in it... going to be fun to test out on Cyberpunk!

YOU BASTARD!... have fun... ;)
Hahaha seconded!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Yeah its the only way to get a high end video card is order a rig from the big company.  @Suronal already says it looks way better on my Stream than his, and his is running it on a 2070.

So yeah I didn't skimp on the order either, first desktop in 12 years for me.  Unfortunately with the power reqs of the 30xx cards, they don't think they will be getting them into laptops any time soon.

It hurt me to do so (you guys know me and how I love my gaming laptops), but got me an Alienware Aurora R11 w/ an Intel i9 10th Gen, 64GB (16x4) Ram, 1TB+2TB NVMe, 2TB SATA SSD, 3090 TI 24GB. I've already upgraded the fans to "Corsair ML120 PRO 120 mm Premium Magnetic Levitation RGB LED PWM Fan" (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B076VD725X/) cause the existing ones it comes with are too noisy. Also bought a Micro Connectors PCIE-M20802HS Dual 2280 (https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX75789) for the 2TB NVMe (the rig only can do one NVMe on board - which I wasn't used to as all my laptops usually have 2+), at a recommendation from MemEx salesman, but regret as I would never buy this product again for this reason due to poor instructions and paste-tap solution.

And in the end, I'm able to play Cyberpunk without any need to turn anything down or off.  That I like :D.

NOTE: The only reason I bought this rig when I did is that my Employee Purchase Plan (EPP) at NAIT was up, and I always renew the $3200 interest free loan (for computer purchases) over 36 pay checks term every time it matures.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Lazybones

Steam tip, add these two launch options to the game

--launcher-skip -skipStartScreen
"--launcher-skip" will skip the GOG/CPR launcher which as far as I can tell just shows news and adds a button click other than linking your GOG account.

"-skipStartScreen" will skip the redundant spacebar press / breaching menu saving you a second click on startup.

Any yes the single and double dashes appear to matter.

Mr. Analog

Thanks Lazy!

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 14, 2021, 06:20:40 PMThanks Lazy!

Sadly no easy way so skip the other intro stuff.