Server roll call.

Started by Lazybones, March 21, 2012, 11:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Thank you.  What do you mean it wants to "move" the nether and the end?  Will that mess with what's already built there?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on September 01, 2012, 01:36:12 PM
Thank you.  What do you mean it wants to "move" the nether and the end?  Will that mess with what's already built there?
Nope. It just moves the folder the nether and the end live in afaict. I'll have to do some reading to make sure. I'm not sure if our map is so old that maybe bukkit is getting confused. If by chance the vanila map fomat decided to move the end and nether to another dir itself due to the format change along the way, bukkit could be picking up the old one.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

LennyLen

Tomasu, could you please add the two following names to the white-list: Pantsalot0 and Blank5500

They're a father and son combo who I know from way back in the golden age of Diablo 1, and who hail from that large snowy northern country that a few of you here are a tad familiar with.

Tom

Quote from: LennyLen on September 03, 2012, 08:03:34 AM
Tomasu, could you please add the two following names to the white-list: Pantsalot0 and Blank5500

They're a father and son combo who I know from way back in the golden age of Diablo 1, and who hail from that large snowy northern country that a few of you here are a tad familiar with.
Done and done.

Thorin

I'll make sure to welcome them when / if I see them online.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

Pants and Blank were online yesterday, and I chatted with them for a bit.  They've actually done some huge work on their own server; I had seen a post on reddit with a link to images of their builds, and they were impressive.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 04, 2012, 03:16:30 PM
Links?

I tried finding it on Reddit, but that was a couple of weeks ago.  You'll have to ask him in-game :)
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

LennyLen

There's a thread with some of it here.

Thorin

Quote from: LennyLen on September 04, 2012, 06:52:36 PM
There's a thread with some of it here.

Okay, he's got a bunch of screenshots in there!

But I have to ask, Lenny, where is your underwater dome?  http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/thread-13645-post-199966.html#pid199966
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Pants

Quote from: Thorin on September 04, 2012, 01:39:35 PM
Pants and Blank were online yesterday, and I chatted with them for a bit.  They've actually done some huge work on their own server; I had seen a post on reddit with a link to images of their builds, and they were impressive.

Whee!  The forum finally allowed me to register an account.

I am Pants, my son is Blank.  He's not very good at typing, so the most you might see from him in-game is a "hi".  This is the first time we've ever ventured onto a server with other people.  We've always played on a server I host for the 2 of us.  We have this habit of getting bored with a world we made, then re-starting a new one from scratch.  We were about to do that yet again on our own server when I remembered LennyLen telling me about this place, so we decided to give it a go.

We boated a long ways from spawn and found a decently sized unexplored island to set up on (we passed a lot of Mushroom Islands along the way).
http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-5677/64/4003/-3/0/0

There's not much there yet.

Oh, here is a link to some stuff we did together on our last SMP world.
http://imgur.com/a/VdhQm

Mr. Analog

Welcome to the server! (and the forums)

Can't wait to see what you two build :-)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Welcome!

Sorry for the registration issues, the filter service we use goes down at times and the forum is set to not allow registration if the filter is not up... We have had a lot of trouble with spam bots over the years.

Pants

Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 04, 2012, 09:44:49 PM

I really don't build for aesthetics, but for utility.  My son wants to make a 50 x 50 castle (which he has laid some groundwork for already), but I really like dabbling in redstone stuff.  I'm FAR from an expert on redstone, but I really enjoy trying to figure out how to automate things like wheat/sugar cane/etc. farms.  I love pistons and dispensers.

Tom

Quote from: Pants on September 04, 2012, 10:39:28 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 04, 2012, 09:44:49 PM

I really don't build for aesthetics, but for utility.  My son wants to make a 50 x 50 castle (which he has laid some groundwork for already), but I really like dabbling in redstone stuff.  I'm FAR from an expert on redstone, but I really enjoy trying to figure out how to automate things like wheat/sugar cane/etc. farms.  I love pistons and dispensers.
You should see tekkit ;D