Good movies to watch?

Started by Tom, July 10, 2015, 04:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 09, 2016, 09:37:29 AM

Also did anybody see Suicide Squad?

I was not interested.

Then saw the Red Letter Media HITB and even more not interested.

But also later saw the Kevin Smith 30 minutes of fanboygasm and found that amusing, especially watching it at 2x speed -- that fat @%&# talks fast to beging with. :). He loved it of course (what did he name his daughter?) and he thought the questionable editing was intentional style not just Too Many Cooks. #potatopotato

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

The Red Letter Media review mentioned that the second half of the movie is actually competent and that they could only speculate on what was the intended movie (before meddling)

Anyway, I still want to see Star Trek, that seems like the standout film this summer (so far)

Speak of the devil: https://youtu.be/sa5GDGSTrtI

:D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 09, 2016, 03:32:37 PM
The Red Letter Media review mentioned that the second half of the movie is actually competent and that they could only speculate on what was the intended movie (before meddling)

Anyway, I still want to see Star Trek, that seems like the standout film this summer (so far)

Speak of the devil: https://youtu.be/sa5GDGSTrtI

:D

bolded is key. I am sure Kevin Smith just got excited because of his anticipation level plus the specialness of his particular screening (he mentions chatting with the director, etc.) ... so he would certainly overlook awkward 1st act stuff that might arguably be an artistic choice (although is almost certainly the result of meddling). Might be a fun Netflix experience if in the right mood -- i.e. just want fun popcorn without too critically analytically minded.

(quote) Speak of the devil: https://youtu.be/sa5GDGSTrtI (/quote)
^ Top 1 Things WE Didn't Know About Suicide Squad by RLM. LOL as usual!

BTW the 3rd Star Trek film is FANTASTIC. I saw it on that weird 3-screen thing they are trying out (West Ed) and it actually added to the experience -- a LOT more than any 3D every could, or IMAX. It was far more immersive than either other technologies, and I was super SKEPTICAL before the film started. But overall the storyline and the visuals were terrific, by far the best of the 3 rebooted ST films!

Mr. Analog

Star Trek is on my list for sure, just gotta catch it before it goes
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Bourne is a Bourne movie.  Some intellectual spots that my wife almost feel asleep at, and some really close shaky cam fights but that's Bourne movies for you.

All in all its a good movie.

As for SS, I'm trying to get to it this week, but have a wedding on Saturday that I'm in the bridal party and damn if its taking up some of my time lol
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Melbosa on August 10, 2016, 03:15:06 PM
As for SS, I'm trying to get to it this week, but have a wedding on Saturday that I'm in the bridal party and damn if its taking up some of my time lol

"Star Stress"?

Thorin

Quote from: Darren Dirt on August 10, 2016, 04:57:46 PM
Quote from: Melbosa on August 10, 2016, 03:15:06 PM

"Star Stress"?
Given that just a few posts ago you were talking about Suicide Squad, are you just trolling?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Darren Dirt

The new star TREK was also mentioned. More recently too iirc.