So who watches SG1?

Started by Melbosa, August 21, 2006, 08:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Because I think last Thursday's episode "200" was probably one of the funniest TV SciFi episodes I've ever seen!  I just got to watch it last night, as I play ball on Thursdays.  Even if your not a fan, or never watched the series, I think this one would have made you laugh.  Anyway, thought I'd see who are fans here. 
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Lazybones

Ya, I watched it last night.

"... No, it is OK as long as you hang a lantern on it.."
"..what.."
"... As long as you have a character point out how convenient it is the audience will no it was supposed to be.."

"... If you are going to rip something off it needs to be more obscure.."
''... I have no idea what that was..."

Melbosa

"The audience will never see that coming..."
"There will be spoilers..."
"Na he'll be in the comercials..."

Ustauk

I watch it, and really enjoyed that episode.  It was amusing to see all the Stargate as ... parodies, particurlarly the Star Trek and Farscape ones, and I found the in-jokes and plot convention jokes quite funny.

Melbosa

Nothing like a "WTF?" when the show first started.  I also enjoy when a series makes fun of itself, its actors, its history, and its future, especially how well they did in this one to make it seem like just another episode, but about themselves as actors.

And here is one for ya... is there a Movie coming or Not? ;)

Ustauk

Quote from: Melbosa on August 21, 2006, 09:25:15 AM
I've heard rumours over the years about a movie based on the TV series, but I've also heard rumblings that the creators of the original movie wanted to do a sequel outside the SG-1 continuity, since they were never satisfied by it.

Adams

That was awsome... I was laughing so hard at some of the puns they made at them selves. I loved the reference to Farscape... and the part where Claudia Black said I wanted a small re-occuring part then it developed into something I wanted to be in all the time.
That is why they are still going strong. 200 episodes and 10 years. who thought one movie would make a series such as this one.
"Life is make up of 2 types of people...
50% of People who do want to do things
50% of people who do not want to do things
The rest are all forced to do things."

Mags

Quote from: Ustauk on August 21, 2006, 09:48:30 AM
Quote from: Melbosa on August 21, 2006, 09:25:15 AM
I've heard rumours over the years about a movie based on the TV series, but I've also heard rumblings that the creators of the original movie wanted to do a sequel outside the SG-1 continuity, since they were never satisfied by it.

Yeah just saw something on that a week or two ago, sequal will have nothing to do with SG1.
"Bleed all over them, let them know you're there!"

Tom

Quote''... I have no idea what that was..."
I had thought that one looked like Andromeda.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on August 21, 2006, 05:26:23 PM
Quote''... I have no idea what that was..."
I had thought that one looked like Andromeda.

It was a 100% Farscape being so obscure many geeks just don't get it. Take a look at this image and you will clearly make out the characters they where mocking. Also farscape has a living ship hence the back drop in the scene.

Mr. Analog

See, I love Farscape and I have to grab this ep! Too funny!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

...and it gets canceled.  Had a good run.

Ustauk

Quote from: Shayne on August 22, 2006, 09:26:54 AM
...and it gets canceled.  Had a good run.
I heard  that as well.  It's sad to see it go, but ten years is a very good run.  I just hope they either have time to wrap up the story properly, or else Sci-fi gives them a TV movie or two to wrap things up.  Atlantis has been renewed for another season, so at least we still have that.

Lazybones

Hard to keep running the origonal and it's spin off at the same time. Although I think the last episode of Atlantis was only so so.. You get tired of the, "it is all an illusion" type episodes just as much as the holodeck episodes on STTNG.

Darren Dirt

Strive for progress. Not perfection.