So who watches SG1?

Started by Melbosa, August 21, 2006, 08:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I don't think the SG team is all that interested in more SG1 seasons.. Seeing as they are also dropping Atlantis.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Ustauk

Minor Spoilers below!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MGM has revealed the story outlines for the two Stargate SG-1 TV/DVD movies:
Quote from: Gateworld
MGM reveals movie storylines

Monday - January 15, 2007 | by Darren Sumner

Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer today officially announced that it has greenlit the two Stargate SG-1 movies in development, which we reported on earlier (story): Stargate: The Ark of Truth and Stargate: Continuum. The company also released the first solid plot details for the two films.

Beware of spoilers below! Here's how the studio describes the storylines:

Stargate: The Ark of Truth
"As SG-1 searches for an Ancient artifact which they hope can defeat the armies of the Ori, they learn more Ori ships are about to be sent through the Supergate to launch a final assault on Earth. Daniel discovers that the artifact, the Ark of Truth, may be in the Ori home galaxy, and SG-1 embarks aboard the Odyssey to find it, and pre-empt the attack. The I.O.A. has a plan of their own and SG-1 ends up in a distant galaxy fighting two powerful enemies."

Stargate: Continuum
"While SG-1 attends the execution of Baal, the last of the Goa'uld System Lords, Teal'c and Vala inexplicably disappear into thin air. Carter, Daniel and Mitchell race back to a world where history has been changed: the Stargate program has been erased from the timeline. As they try to convince the authorities what's happened, a fleet of Goa'uld motherships arrives in orbit, led by Baal, his queen, Katesh (Vala), and his first prime, Teal'c. SG-1 must find the Stargate and set things right before the world is enslaved by the Goa'uld."

The first film will enter pre-production in March and begin filming in April, with an expected DVD release in the fall.
[/URL]

Shayne

I wonder how many they gotta sell to break even.  You could guess a million dollar budget each...50K maybe?  Probably a pretty profitable venture for MGM, have to wait and see.

Ive watched up the end of Season 5 but grew very tired of the constant battle with the same foe time and time again.

Tom

QuoteIve watched up the end of Season 5 but grew very tired of the constant battle with the same foe time and time again.
Thats funny, they get a new one just after that afaik.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Shayne

Ya, i catch a newish episode every now and then.  Seems sorta similar to the old.  I will probably catch up once I catch up wiht the movie scene.

Ustauk

Sky One in the UK is airing new episodes of SG-1 on Wednesdays.  They're currently on episode 12 of season ten.