Main Menu

Bored at Work

Started by Thorin, March 19, 2010, 03:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

3:15 on a Friday afternoon.  I've done my release to UAT, in time for the weekend so that my business user can test it on the weekend (hey, I tell him not to work weekends but he chooses to anyways).  Havin' trouble concentrating on code, switching to Weekend Mode.

Gah, all that's to be done on the weekend is six ice times.  I guess I could do some cleaning.  Half the family's off to a ringette tournament, so it's just me and two kids.

I'm BORED!

Hopefully everyone else is feeling more productive / less bored than me.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Weekends bore me to no end.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Melbosa

LAN party this weekend.  Week of night shifts.  So all prepped :P

Just finalizing my stuff for the pack up and then I'm off.  Going to be a great weekend I think!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

First I was bored, then I was really busy, then I was bored again...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I just finished watching an anime show I started before I left for tams place. I even brought it with me, but didn't have a chance to watch it while I was down there :(

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on March 19, 2010, 09:46:31 PM
I just finished watching an anime show I started before I left for tams place. I even brought it with me, but didn't have a chance to watch it while I was down there :(

Oh yeah? What show?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 20, 2010, 12:16:18 AM

Oh yeah? What show?
You're Under Arrest S2

Just started S3 now :D

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on March 20, 2010, 12:18:29 AM

Oh yeah? What show?
You're Under Arrest S2

Hehe, that was a fun series, I only watched the first season, let me know what S2&3 are like.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 20, 2010, 01:12:49 PM

Oh yeah? What show?
You're Under Arrest S2

Hehe, that was a fun series, I only watched the first season, let me know what S2&3 are like.
S3 starts with an epic car chase :D

Tom

Funny thing happened, I saw an ad for a show I really liked, aparently Funimation will release the full set of DVDs for it soon. And they happened to have a stream of it on their site, so I started watching it.. Now I might have to watch it again. For the 4th time. Ouran High is hilarious.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on March 20, 2010, 04:25:52 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 20, 2010, 01:12:49 PM

Oh yeah? What show?
You're Under Arrest S2

S3 starts with an epic car chase :D

Hehe, maybe I'll have to watch the series again :)
Quote from: Tom on March 20, 2010, 04:55:11 PM
Funny thing happened, I saw an ad for a show I really liked, aparently Funimation will release the full set of DVDs for it soon. And they happened to have a stream of it on their site, so I started watching it.. Now I might have to watch it again. For the 4th time. Ouran High is hilarious.

Sounds pretty good, Funimation is a pretty good company when it comes to releasing stuff, at least that's what I remember.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Tom

I think I'm going to subscribe to a couple SciFi and/or Fantasy magazines. That'll give me something to do on weekends ;D

append: Just ordered a subscription to Asimov's SciFi magazine :)

Thorin

Quote from: Thorin on March 19, 2010, 03:19:35 PM
3:15 on a Friday afternoon.  I've done my release to UAT, in time for the weekend so that my business user can test it on the weekend (hey, I tell him not to work weekends but he chooses to anyways).  Havin' trouble concentrating on code, switching to Weekend Mode.

Seven weeks later, but the same basic Bored At Work feeling.  Except today I read a document from a Social Media Workshop that was attended by coworkers that had the following in it:

5Ps
1. Starts with a Plan
2. Have a Process behind you (Business Processes)
3. Use Performance metrics
4. Don?t Sell, Softly Promote
5. Phish, where the Phish are?

A little further down, there's a heading for each "P".  Here's the heading and the entire text for "Phish":

Phish
- Facebook has 400 million users

That's it.  Nothing more.  Just what we need, a Social Media Workshop that tells the boss to phish on Facebook!  Maybe I should send him the definition of "phish" as found on Wikipedia.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Sounds like whoever was running that Social Media Workshop was "phishing" for dollars (with success).

What a load of crap!

It should be obvious but it might be a bad idea to trick potential customers into buying something.
By Grabthar's Hammer