Main Menu

Witch Farm

Started by LennyLen, August 12, 2022, 02:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennyLen

I wanted a replenishing source of glowstone dust for brewing, and while the item farm does generate some, it only does so at low amounts and the item farm has to be cleared regularly or it starts to glitch.

So I've built a witch farm in the swamp biome far to the north of spawn.  The output is limited due to the small area in which witches can spawn around the site of the hut, but it does fairly well. The following was from a 2-hour afk:

It's definitely a good spot to stock up on brewing ingredients.  I haven't connected it to the portal network yet, but will do so at some point.

Mr. Analog

I didn't even know that witches could be farmed!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 12, 2022, 07:18:21 AMI didn't even know that witches could be farmed!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

There's a 9x7x6 area centred around the witches hut where no other mob can spawn, so it makes an ideal, if small, place to build spawning platforms for them.

I used a new client-side mod for this build as well. MiniHUD has an overlay that shows you which chunks around your position will be within the mob spawning radius, so you know where to put torches down.

LennyLen

The witch farm is now connected to the portal network.