Main Menu

D20 modern

Started by raeofsunshine, September 13, 2007, 05:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raeofsunshine

i would like to join this if there is room however with the baby soon being on partial bed rest and the move soon after im not sure if i would just be a disruption. Been wanting to play for a while but there was never room in the group for me.

well talk it over either way is ok considering the circumstances. i just really got a kick out of watching you all play and would like to learn a bit more. and yes Thorin i will be cracking a book. and lazy isn't around for me to cuddle so I wouldn't be as much as a distraction. and i promise not to make kissy faces at anyone unless its in character. >:D ...

Mr. Analog

Well, the first step would be to think about what kind of character you'd like to be first and sort of go from there. I'm not sure what Thorin's thoughts are, but I think pen and paper RPG gaming is a commitment to both the other players and yourself (to be available to attend games and make sure you have cover etc).

Thorin, perhaps you should weigh in on this as the d20 DM.

We do still have a spot open in D&D, you might be interested in that as well...
By Grabthar's Hammer

raeofsunshine

i know for sure i can only commit to one or the other due to my circumstances.

and the type of character hmm are there succubus's in modern? jk.. well i will be looking into what type of character more when i get word from the D20 god erm i mean Thorin.

but in classic i could be an evil witch that uses her power to control the faculties of males just cus its fun... >:D

Mr. Analog

Quote from: raeofsunshine on September 13, 2007, 06:06:12 PM
but in classic i could be an evil witch that uses her power to control the faculties of males just cus its fun... >:D

Well, that might conflict with the party alignment (good-ish). You could be a chaotic good magic user though!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

But we need a cleric!!!11111onoeneonoenoeneon!!!111111`````
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Are you sure?  It is a boys' club, you know!  Seriously, though, you need a book and some time to read it.  I'd be happy to answer any questions about the rules that you have, I just don't want to have to pre-chew it all for ya.

As far as time commitments, aren't you looking at moving in a few months?  Or has that been placed on hold?  Not that you're not welcome to join, but we don't get together very often so you wouldn't get very far with it...  Also keep in mind we all start in the evening and play into the night.  I'm not trying to discourage you, just pointing out possible problems for you to play in our group.  As long as you're willing and able to deal with how and when we play, I say make up a character! :)

Mr. Analog, The way things are going I think we're gonna end up with a second spot open in D&D.  We'll have to see.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on September 13, 2007, 07:59:19 PMMr. Analog, The way things are going I think we're gonna end up with a second spot open in D&D.  We'll have to see.
That was my suspicion as well :(

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on September 13, 2007, 08:03:22 PM
Quote from: Thorin on September 13, 2007, 07:59:19 PMMr. Analog, The way things are going I think we're gonna end up with a second spot open in D&D.  We'll have to see.
That was my suspicion as well :(

Only time will tell I suppose, but if players aren't there then it won't matter I guess...
By Grabthar's Hammer

raeofsunshine

thats why i asked you all for your input. as i dont know what i can commit to as of yet due to health and then baby care (unless we make poor mr suffer in my kitty infested home) and then moving...
i respect the time you all put into this and i wouldn't want to put any less into it. well seems i will be getting a book to read while im lounging in my bed =) either way things go it would be nice to understand more. and i could possibly join a group after the move.

or lazy and i could 'role play' hehe

Thorin

Quote from: raeofsunshine on September 13, 2007, 11:40:18 PM
or lazy and i could 'role play' hehe

I thought you did, and that's why you're now confined to bed rest? :D
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

raeofsunshine

oh you went there did you ::)

Melbosa

Quote from: raeofsunshine on September 14, 2007, 09:37:53 AM
oh you went there did you ::)

No I think what he is saying is that Lazy went there.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I don't know weather to ROFL or Puke :o

heh. I'm lending my D&D PHB to Rae so she can read through it. In any case, I think shes interested in learning how it works anyhow.

Thorin

Wouldn't it make more sense to lend her your D20 Modern book?  Just thinkin', you know, cuz you was interested in Modern, 'n all...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful