Main Menu

Munchkin

Started by Tom, February 07, 2011, 01:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on March 26, 2012, 10:24:00 AM
Funny how "critical mass" describes both what's required to keep a nuclear reaction going by itself and to keep kids playing by themselves.

Having them bring over their kids is a good idea.  And with card games, you can put the cards down and go deal with the kids if needed.  Can't do that with D&D as easily (and D&D can easily go too long for kids), and with a game like Axis & Allies you're too worried about the rugrats upsetting the board.

It also helps if there is one parent out, supervising if the kids don't really want to play alone, it allows you to sub them in to play another parents hand if the kids require parent specific attention.

At any rate, Munchkin is probably the least time sync "game" I play... it is very flexible and easy to pickup... I suggest everyone here check it out because it is one of those games you could go just pickup and play at a get-together without it becoming a huge thing. I know you guys just hang out some times, and if you have three or more that is all it takes.

From a DND perspective the base standard version of the game is a parody that is very enjoyable for someone like me that has no DND group and well time for full on DND.

Lazybones

Thorin

The funny thing is we all know who all those people are :)
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Thanks. Thanks a lot. I've been watching the Table Top episodes. Thanks.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!