Minecraft 1.18 The Caves & Cliffs Update Part 2

Started by Lazybones, July 13, 2021, 02:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

I didn't know that about zombie villagers and Normal difficulty.  Alright, Normal's fine by me then.  Creeper nerfing is all that's really required, I just hate having to fill holes in the countryside.  Whitelist, hmm, well I'm on an MS account already.  No overviewer?  :(  Like at all ever, or just until overviewer catches up to 1.18?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on November 29, 2021, 01:58:16 PMLike at all ever, or just until overviewer catches up to 1.18?

There is a pull request on GitHub that might add partial support to OV, but my expectation with OV is that it will be missing lots of stuff initially if it works at all. There isn't much in terms of clear public roadmap / timeline in OV development, you are basically just recommended to run the latest snapshot constantly if you are running current versions of Minecraft..

Mr. Analog

I'm looking forward to this! Starting on the weekend would be perfect

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

This video covers more than just diamonds it covers the expected locations of all ores

Thorin

That's one thing I'm not looking forward to, having to go even deeper for diamonds.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

We gotta go deeper [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

If anyone wants to start seed hunting it looks like https://www.reddit.com/r/minecraftseeds/ is a good start. I don't see any 1.18 seeds tagged as FEATURED yet but lots of discussion.

Lazybones

LennyLen

Mr. Analog

That looks amazing!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Working through testing my backup scripts and such.. Checked and overviewer doesn't seem to work.

I have loaded this seed and I have cleared a 16x16 area around the world spawn in survival mode.. needed to just chill. Don't care if we chose a different seed still .

Currently have only myself in the OP and whitelist as I have reset everything.

Will probably review the whitelist and OP list tomorrow and limit it to those that are known, there was a lot of names in the old list that I don't think I have ever seen play.

Mr. Analog

Sounds good!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Is there a flat space to make a bigger than 16x16 area?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on December 01, 2021, 02:39:43 PMIs there a flat space to make a bigger than 16x16 area?

Where the world generated spawn is? It is on a slop and has a fairly large drop off after it. I can use admin commands and MOVE spawn if we wanted however I do like keeping things as default as possible.

I was trying to stay with defaults IE 16x16 spawn area and 16x16 spawn protection (non OPs can't alter blocks there) However you can move the location and you can turn off spawn protection.. The previous server had so many OPs nearly everyone playing was one lol. Open to suggestions there however I was thinking of locking it way down. All OPs last time also had FULL permission level 4 rights which included the ability to halt the server.

Feel free to load up -4993896090608759951 in a local 1.18 game and take a look.. Nothing is set in stone and resetting the world is really easy at this point.

Good news is that I had no problems getting the base server or vanilla tweaks datapacks loaded so I am fairly good to go other than the whitelist and op list clean up.. OV will just have to wait.. I will also check if my automated backup job ran correctly last night with all the changes.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on December 01, 2021, 02:51:31 PMGood news is that I had no problems getting the base server or vanilla tweaks datapacks loaded so I am fairly good to go other than the whitelist and op list clean up.. OV will just have to wait.. I will also check if my automated backup job ran correctly last night with all the changes.

That's great news!! I'm glad that stuff is still compatible
By Grabthar's Hammer