Minecraft 1.18 The Caves & Cliffs Update Part 2

Started by Lazybones, July 13, 2021, 02:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Thorin

I got gifted a GTX 1060 3GB from a coworker a little while ago, I finally put it in tonight and I tried a bit of Minecraft, now instead of 32-40 fps I'm seeing 100-230.  Yay!

I should try shaders...  Do you guys use any?  If so, which ones?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

LennyLen

How about the idea of a transport hub right at the centre of the spawn point?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on November 25, 2021, 09:05:12 PMI got gifted a GTX 1060 3GB from a coworker a little while ago, I finally put it in tonight and I tried a bit of Minecraft, now instead of 32-40 fps I'm seeing 100-230.  Yay!

I should try shaders...  Do you guys use any?  If so, which ones?

Sildur's Shaders are some of the best!
https://sildurs-shaders.github.io/

Though like many shaders it makes underground / the Nether much darker and moody (on the upshot if you are holding a torch you get light around you)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Quote from: LennyLen on November 26, 2021, 03:13:26 AMHow about the idea of a transport hub right at the centre of the spawn point?

Yes, this please!! One of the things I didn't like about our current world was the diaspora and the rather difficult to follow Nether network, we were all so spread out it was very challenging to see everyone's builds. I spent the most time around Lazybone's place because it was close to mine.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I like the idea of transport hubs but I also hate the idea of maintaining them.

Anyone found any interesting transport related data packs? Not sure anyone was using the ones I added before.

Thorin

I'd love to see the a teleportal system set up, yeah.  Not sure if I want it right at 0:0, I'm kinda envisioning a little flat area, maybe 7x7 or 9x9 centered on 0:0 with a nice little pattern underfoot, like a central plaza, and with spawn set to 0:0.  We could have the teleportal hub building directly north from the plaza?

And I'm envisioning the teleportal hubs that we had two and three maps ago, where there's multiple stations with a button each, you walk up and click the button and you're teleported right to wherever, and the wherever teleports you right back to the individual station.  We made them kinda look like red brick mushrooms, to hide the command block.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

Quote from: Lazybones on November 26, 2021, 10:09:45 AMI like the idea of transport hubs but I also hate the idea of maintaining them.

Anyone found any interesting transport related data packs? Not sure anyone was using the ones I added before.

I think most transport-related data packs are for individuals to set their own teleport spots.  The transport hubs are nice because you don't have to know where someone else's base is, you can just go to central station and find the teleporter for their base and go there.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

I'd love to build a portal station again with command blocks!

That was super fun

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 27, 2021, 09:44:45 AMThat's... That's a pretty serious bug!!

Not that surprising I seem to recall most of the final  .0 releases getting patched soon after launch for many things.

Lazybones

Thorin

So this is supposed to be released tomorrow, do we want to set a date and time for when we restart the map, so that we can all log on at the same time?

Also, will we be setting it to Normal or Easy?  (I prefer the latter, dunno if people like more deadly minecrafting, I don't)

Also also, will we start with mobGriefing=false?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Personally creeper explosions specifically are the only thing I don't like.. Maybe ender men block picking, some farms etc depend on all the normal mob game mechanics working. (you specifically need at least normal to get zombie villagers https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Difficulty However Vindicators can break doors. Which is possibly concerning , villagers can't farm with mobGriefing=false)

1. For me I need to confirm my Docker container system supports it fully with some testing (it should it looks like they have updated it for the snapshots)
2. We have a lot of nice data packs from Vanilla tweaks like creeper nerfing and a few others that may or may not update on official release.
3. We need to decide on a seed.... Or I could just surprise you
4. I will be re-setting the whitelist to start clean.. Not sure how that impacts things with the new Microsoft accounts.. We might need to be sure everyone has converted there majong account to an MS sign in.
5. I think I will remove the current Pinned server status thread and post a new clean one.
6. Probably not going up tomorrow as I will have things to do in the evening.
7. Sounds like everyone would like a structured SPAWN area but still in survival mode
8. We will probably not have over viewer.

Reasonable that we could get this going by the weekend, or late in the week if there are no hold ups.