Server Status 1.17 OLD

Started by Tom, March 17, 2012, 07:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

That sounds great! If I catch LennyLen I'll ask him about it

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I'm okay with a reset. For my home location, I want a plains area with hills / mountains nearby for the mining, though. Notice how far out I went this time just to find my happy space?

And we should really set up a teleportal system again, so we can more easily visit spawn and each other. Even in a boat on packed ice in the nether, it takes me several minutes to get to spawn.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

As long as we don't get jungle again I'll be happy...

I really hated the diaspora that happened on the current server

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yeah, that wasn't my favourite map, that's for sure.  I'd like spawn to be some plains with some forest nearby and some desert nearby and some swamp nearby.  And I wouldn't mind getting another Spawn City built.

It's gonna be another five or six months before it's out, though, right?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

LennyLen

Quote from: Lazybones on January 28, 2021, 08:48:32 PMNot sure if LennyLen follows the forum much, if he doesn't respond to the thread I can change the MOTD on the server or maybe someone can stalk him on  the server and get his thoughts?

I usually check in once a day or so.

As to the topic at hand - I'm not opposed to a server restart.

Lazybones

Sounds like the active community agrees on on a new map.

When the release comes out there will be a few pre-requisites from my end so everyone will need to hold on for a bit:

1. The docker tools I use to manage and update the server will need to be compatible (should be very quick)
2. I will have to check if overviewer is supported / won't blow up (you guys can tell me if this is optional or not)
3. Map / spawn selection.. I might enlist help for picking a seed as this is going to be subjective.
4. Mods / Datapacks - we have a number of them on the server to make things easier you will have to tell me what the minimum expectations are.

Quote from: Thorin on January 28, 2021, 09:09:25 PMAnd we should really set up a teleportal system again, so we can more easily visit spawn and each other. Even in a boat on packed ice in the nether, it takes me several minutes to get to spawn.

Quick reminder that there are already several teleport mods installed on the server

Spawn (Enter '/trigger spawn' to teleport to the world spawn point. /function spawn:config)

Homes (Allows you to set homes ('/trigger sethome' or '/trigger sethome set <ID>') and teleport back to them ('/trigger home' or '/trigger home set <ID>'). /function homes:config)

TPA (Enter '/trigger tpa set <PID>' to request to teleport to another player. Press Tab to see each player's PID (Player ID).)

Back (Enter '/trigger back' to go back to the last location you teleported from (using Homes, Spawn, or TPA), or to your last death location if that's enabled. /function back:config)

Lazybones

I am working on confirming some things like datapack but I am tentatively planning to do an in-place upgrade of the server to 1.17 this weekend.

Overviewer will not display new 1.17 objects but appears to run.

I will have to go through the datapacks as well..

Lazybones

Server has been updated to 1.17

We lost two of the teleport datapacks as there isn't an equivalent yet.

The One player sleep datapack has been replaced by the new 1.17 game rule "playersSleepingPercentage 0".

Let me know if there are any issues.

The plan is to start a new world when part 2 of the update comes out which I THINK will be versioned 1.18 IIRC.

Mr. Analog

Awesome!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Could we update to 1.17.1?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Server Updated to:  1.17.1

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on July 14, 2021, 11:19:07 PMServer Updated to:  1.17.1
You are the man! Thanks

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 14, 2021, 11:22:02 PM
Quote from: Lazybones on July 14, 2021, 11:19:07 PMServer Updated to:  1.17.1
You are the man! Thanks

I think I am just lucky that the tools I am using to run the server are well maintained and it makes it easy to keep current LOL.

Lazybones

Notice the current world and MC server will likely go offline this week in prep for a COMPLETE reset for 1.18.

1. A new forum thread will be created for server status.
2. The server whitelist will be reset
3. No promises but the target is to have a new server running for the weekend if possible.

Checkout the 1.18 topic thread for ideas being put forward for the new reset server / world.

New Server Status thread found here