Sam and Max - Culture Shock Review

Started by Lazybones, November 03, 2006, 12:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/11/03/1614205&from=rss

Not sure how the release date slipped under my radar...

QuoteI have high hopes, then, for the success of the Sam and Max episodic series. The first outing here is strong, and with further refinement I can only hope future episodes will be even more polished. Adventure game fans will dive into this title with little prompting. In all likelihood they've already finished it by now. If you don't like adventure games, though, or have never played them and have held off from trying out Culture Shock, I suggest you give it a go. At eight bucks, you're looking at about $2/hour for some really funny stuff. Therein lies another beautiful angle of episodic content: if you don't like it, you can call it quits with little regret. I think you won't.

Only think is that if there are only 4 hrs of content, I might wait till there are more episodes out before starting the series.

Shayne

I dont even know who sam & max are :P  I did a little wiki-ing but *shrug* its like a old school adventure game.

Lazybones

Quote from: Shayne on November 03, 2006, 12:29:56 PM
I dont even know who sam & max are :P  I did a little wiki-ing but *shrug* its like a old school adventure game.

Well some of us enjoy adventure games, and miss it as there haven't been many released in years.

Adams

It's the best game on earth... I am gonna pick it up.

I believe that the game play is good -> 7.9/10
The hilarious factor is -> 9.0/10
Brings me back to the Full Throttle days.
"Life is make up of 2 types of people...
50% of People who do want to do things
50% of people who do not want to do things
The rest are all forced to do things."