PlayStationPortable (PSP)

Started by Shayne, March 07, 2005, 12:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

I wish it had a port for a USB hard drive... ;)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Bryan

The top 2 waa's! is always price and games when a system first comes out. Wait for awhile and it'll change. Does seem alittle big but if that screen is as cool as some of the guys at work say it is ( a few watched spiderman 2 on it at a store a week ago). Let the hype dissipate, and I'd grab one in a few months to a year (always need that little extra entertainment on the can).

-----> http://www.stickdeath.com/ <-----
click on "Martyr Machine" f'n hilarious!!!!

Shayne

Movies on the UDM (i think thats it) disks are in the $30 range, and i hear from my woman that Rogers will not be carring these movies.  So the movie ability is pretty much out the window for me.

Watching TV shows that ive downloaded on it might be cool, but im not sure how well a 300MB Deadwood episode will optimize.

Mr. Analog

Leave it to Sony to cram yet another video format into the market. :rolleyes: Why couldn't the PSP have been architechted to use DVD? Or at least DIVX or something.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Ustauk

Although I don't intend to get one, thereis an alternative to UDM for the PSP: memory sticks :)
http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2005Mar/...50322029686.htm

Mr. Analog

I dunno, I just see the whole UDM thing like some form of punishment meted out by Sony over the non-acceptance of the Mini Disk.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

Keep in mind "Memory Sticks" are the most expensive "solid" media avaiable (or was last time i checked).   $150 for a 512 stick...i could get maybe two 1 hour long shows on that thing before its jammed.

I dont think memory sticks are really the answer.

Ustauk

I didn't say that it would be a cheap solution, Shayne :)  I agree, its a negative you could only fit one movie on a stick.  It's probably more feasible for someone who already has a 512 memory stick for a Sony digital camera.