Minecraft 1.17 : The Caves & Cliffs Update

Started by Lazybones, October 03, 2020, 03:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Opposite for me, I like the focus on mining and the under ground making it more interesting.. Might have to learn what levels to optimize specific resources but other than that I welcome the more interesting things to discover.

Lazybones

Mr. Analog

Wow! That looks incredible.

Can't wait for this update

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Looks like they are iterating / polishing some of the features..

So much new stuff.. The move to a newer openGL is interesting.

Mr. Analog

That was one big slime at the end!

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

The update is being broken into two updates, however if you want in update 1 you can enable the update 2 features in advance which contain world generation...

HMMMMM

Mr. Analog

Interesting way to roll things out...

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Hmm 3 possible paths forward?

1. Update the existing world with update 1 then do a world reset for update 2
2. Do a world reset install update 1 with the new world gen data pack and hope for the best
3. Do nothing till update 2 and do a world reset then.

The world gen is possibly the biggest change over all.. Not sure a world reset is worth it without getting the complete new world gen.

LennyLen

Quote from: Lazybones on April 14, 2021, 03:30:55 PMHmm 3 possible paths forward?

2. Do a world reset install update 1 with the new world gen data pack and hope for the best

The world gen is possibly the biggest change over all.. Not sure a world reset is worth it without getting the complete new world gen.

Is there any idea yet when any of these things may happen? I've been putting off playing until the new world is created.

Lazybones

Quote from: LennyLen on April 20, 2021, 06:29:26 AM
Quote from: Lazybones on April 14, 2021, 03:30:55 PMHmm 3 possible paths forward?

Is there any idea yet when any of these things may happen? I've been putting off playing until the new world is created.

Current estimate:

"The Minecraft Caves & Cliffs release date has been split, with the first part arriving Summer 2021 and the second set for the holiday season, for both the Windows 10 and Java Editions."

Mr. Analog

Hmm so a full update could be a long way off then...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Prerelease 1 for part one....

Still conflicted as to what to do about updating the server for this two parter...

Mr. Analog

Yeah I know what you mean. So much has been added but way more is yet to come. It's a real pickle!!
By Grabthar's Hammer