TiddlyWiki A Personal Wiki

Started by Mr. Analog, December 11, 2008, 10:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

It's no secret that I have trouble keeping tabs on all the projects and things I have going, not to mention personal information or other loose bits of "info" that I collect and forget over time. So, how to manage all this? How about a personal wiki!

http://www.tiddlywiki.com/

QuoteTiddlyWiki is a single html file which has all the characteristics of a wiki - including all of the content, the functionality (including editing, saving, tagging and searching) and the style sheet. Because it's a single file, it's very portable - you can email it, put it on a web server or share it via a USB stick.

But it's not just a wiki! It has very powerful plugin capabilities, so it can also be used to build new tools. You have full control over how it looks and behaves. For example,TiddlyWiki is already being used as:

• A personal notebook
  • A GTD ("Getting Things Done") productivity tool
  • A collaboration tool
  • For building websites (this site is a TiddlyWiki file!)
  • For rapid prototyping
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

TEST this thread seems to be missing from the hardware board!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

I moved to to the help board, as it isn't hardware related.

Didn't think I need to put a link from there as it was a fairly fresh post (and would show up on people's new post listing).

Haven't had a chance yet to post in this thread that I moved it.

EDIT:  Moved from Hardware to Help, as it isn't hardware related.

I guess we could change Hardware Chat to Technical Chat, to include Software in there... I don't know which is better.  I don't think we need to put another forum up called Software Chat.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on December 11, 2008, 10:44:38 AMDidn't think I need to put a link from there as it was a fairly fresh post (and would show up on people's new post listing).
Don't make me say it :P

Quote from: Melbosa on December 11, 2008, 10:44:38 AMI guess we could change Hardware Chat to Technical Chat, to include Software in there... I don't know which is better.  I don't think we need to put another forum up called Software Chat.
Yes! I always thought "Hardware" was missing a complimenting board called "Software" or some combination resulting in IT.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

EDIT 2: Moved to Tech Chat from Help, after forum modification.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 11, 2008, 10:31:39 AM

Neatest UI EVER!

(it basically "prepends" the desired link-section to the top of the current, SINGLE html page... neato!)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on December 11, 2008, 12:10:58 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 11, 2008, 10:31:39 AM

Neatest UI EVER!

(it basically "prepends" the desired link-section to the top of the current, SINGLE html page... neato!)

I thought it was pretty nifty myself :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Ok, so after having bought myself a thumb drive and having messed with TiddlyWiki I have to say it's great.

I mean, other tools (like Calendars) let me add reminders and stuff but nothing is quite like a non-linear personal wiki. I mean for example, I was updating information about this weekend's get together and I mentioned the possibility of WarMachine to a few of the attendees so in the entry that I use to track this information on the wiki I felt I should put an entry for WarMachine and then also add entries for the army I'd like to put together and then who I know in my contacts list that has minis and plays, etc.

Once you tap the power of personal wiki you won't look back!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Sounds like putting it on the thumb drive is what really opens the power up for you, because you can take it with you and edit it at work, at home, or anywhere else you have access to a computer with a USB slot.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on January 06, 2009, 09:54:56 PM
Sounds like putting it on the thumb drive is what really opens the power up for you, because you can take it with you and edit it at work, at home, or anywhere else you have access to a computer with a USB slot.
Thats not a half bad idea :o

I should have bought two SD cards when I bought stuff yesterday. doh. That way I could have one for the wii, one for my new camera, and one for my little USB/SD stick. Oh well, I can swap the camera card out for data files as well :) But crap it was cheap, 2G kingston card for $4. Too bad it was limit1.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!