MSN Outlook (and Express) Plugin Notice

Started by Melbosa, February 23, 2005, 03:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Just got this from M$

QUOTE (M$)
Dear MSN Member,

Recently, Hotmail? announced that in order to improve customer experience and reduce spam and junk e-mail abuse on MSN? services, Hotmail will no longer allow new e-mail accounts to be accessed via Microsoft? Office Outlook? and Outlook Express.

We are pleased to inform you that because you are an existing and valued customer, at this time your current Hotmail and MSN account(s) are exempt from this restriction and you will be able to continue enjoying access to those accounts from Outlook or Outlook Express. However, any new Hotmail or MSN accounts you create will not be accessible via Outlook or Outlook Express.

Because you actively use Outlook or Outlook Express to access one or more of your MSN Hotmail or MSN e-mail accounts, this could be the ideal time to consider subscribing to our powerful new
e-mail service - Microsoft Office Outlook Live.

As an Outlook Live subscriber, not only can you get uninterrupted access to your MSN e-mail accounts from Outlook, but you will also enjoy many other benefits.

Enjoy a special introductory offer on Microsoft Office Outlook Live

As a thank-you for your loyalty to MSN, we'd like to offer you a 25% discount off the regular price of a year's subscription to Outlook Live. Sign up by April 19, 2005, and you can enjoy all your first year's benefits for just CDN$55.95 instead of CDN$74.95*. [/quote]
Good old M$, trying to increase the $s.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Lazybones

The only thing I use Hotmail for any more is to login to MSN messenger.. and I think I am even going to change that.

I now process all of my personal email through my gmail account.. I don't think a spam message has ever made it into my inbox on that account.

Shayne

Auto update and Auto Download of windows updates will force the SP2 install come April.  So those who have been against the patch will not have a choice.

Mr. Analog

Hotmail is where I sign up for certain yahoo groups and other such sites...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: "Shayne"Auto update and Auto Download of windows updates will force the SP2 install come April.  So those who have been against the patch will not have a choice.
Whoa little out of left field on this one, but good to know.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!