Apple...........OWNED

Started by Shayne, March 15, 2005, 04:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shayne

vs.

...the "Super Shuffle" has an FM tuner, voice recorder and WMA support where as the Apple version does not.

Mr. Analog

It last long time! You see!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

...i cant wait till some apple "fan" site gets a hold of one of these and disects it only to find the exact same chips and board manufacturers.

Coming to an Ebay near you!

Mr. Analog

The "Super Shuffle" has been *cough* re-imagined with a slightly different button layout, it is now the Super Tangent, all evidence of a prior attempt has vanished from Luxpro's site.

See, now it's no longer a knock-off, it's a totally different device. . .

I bet the instruction manual for this one is full of good grammar.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

Nice stereotype Mr.A :angry:

...i think its a great product, id rather have the much more verbose and realized Super Tangent over the over priced under functioned iPod Shuffle.  

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Shayne"Nice stereotype Mr.A :angry:
Hey, and he should know from Asian stereotypes!

*wimpers in awe at Mr. A's anime-viewing experience*

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: "Shayne"Nice stereotype Mr.A :angry:
Deal with it.

Mosf of the gadgets, devices and doodads I've ordered from overseas have always had near incomprehensible instruction booklets, and not just small ticket items either; camera & video equiment, computer parts, etc. So until I see otherwise I stand by my assertation.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"Mosf of the gadgets, devices and doodads I've ordered from overseas have always had near incomprehensible instruction booklets, and not just small ticket items either; camera & video equiment, computer parts, etc. So until I see otherwise I stand by my assertation.
Pulled from a Luxpro user manual at random...

QuoteWorld?s First Combo MP3 Player
The world?s first combo MP3 Player combines the functions
of audio language learning, MP3 player, voice recording,
FM tuner, and USB flash drive into one with 5000 practical
sentences in various languages.

Supports multi-languages display including
Chinese, English and Japanese
The Luxpro MP3 player contains 5000 practical sentences
with large LCD display that allows users to repeat sentence
by sentence for effective learning.
(The items may vary depending on different firmware
versions.)

Repeat function helps effective learning
With ESL 5000 language learning function, users can select
different play modes based on their different needs; Luxpro
EZ Listen MP3 player can also memorize where you stop
and resume playing next time to help effective learning.

http://www.luxpro-corp.com/driver/MX-565E_...al_eng_V300.pdf
Looks good to me, infact the english user manual is an astounding 99 pages.  Top quality, and beats the hell out of my 10 page iPod user manual.

You know what they say about assumptions... :D  So i ask of you RESCIND YOUR EVILNESS!!! LET YOU BE CLENSED OF YOUR ETHNIC STEREOTYPES AND BE REBORN!

Darren Dirt

hey it wasn't an as sumption. He called it (himself) this neologism: an "assertation". So ptth... ;)

PS: the main website had (I think, brain going all mushy) a bit of funny-translation'ed verbiage. But wow, if the manual is coherent, that's A Good Thing (though contrary to stereotypes, which btw I agree typically for electronics there are rearranged sentences components etc. which make the meaning sometimes confusing - like something written by this guy. ;) )

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Shayne

I had thought Canadians at the very least had left assumptions at the door seeing as we are a very multi-cultural society.

It's a massive pet peive of mine to judge others because of past experiances.  Granted we all do it, but not giving Bob Smith the uber programmer a chance because he has a pimple on his nose, is really a shame and a negative for the human race.

Mr. Analog

I guess I lose the bet, the manual is choc full of good grammar, huzzah!

QuoteI had thought Canadians at the very least had left assumptions at the door seeing as we are a very multi-cultural society.
Quit stereotyping Canadians as accepting of multi-culturalism (when clearly we are not, Quebec seperatist movements, Native reserves, references to foreign power figureheads and / or Judeo-Christian ethics in official Gov't oaths / doctrine, etc. etc. etc.). :)

As for not hiring Bob for having a pimple on his nose, I agree. But if Bob is a crap coder even though he holds a degree in another country or if he can't communicate effectively he can work somewhere else thanks.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

Dont you guys outsource? ;)

Mr. Analog

Quote from: "Shayne"Dont you guys outsource? ;)
Not anymore, the code we got back was garbage from both India and Russia, then again we went with the cheapest possible people and gave them crappy documentation, so yeah if you get someone to do a cheap ass job it's gonna suck no matter what country it comes from.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

Oh :)  Well then...i guess....err.... *runs from thread*

Thorin

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"Not anymore, the code we got back was garbage from both India and Russia
India I knew about.  We outsourced to Russia?

Amazing what you find out on the forums :)
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful