Main Menu

Contract Work?

Started by Mr. Analog, March 26, 2005, 08:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

Indeed i would.  With the woman working such crazy hours at her store, i would have more then enough time to put in 20 hours a week.

Over the last year ive done a bunch of work for an Oklahoma bank and clinic.

Lazybones

I like my rest at the end of the week so slapping on 20 more hours would probably run me into the ground.

On the other had I am considering taking some courses to upgrade my skills but that is not exactly the same thing.

Melbosa

Hmmm would I?  Well seeing as though that is what I'm doing, I guess yes is the answer, but only because the money is right ;)
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Bryan

You work 60 hours a week just to keep up with everyone else...

-----> http://www.stickdeath.com/ <-----
click on "Martyr Machine" f'n hilarious!!!!

Thorin

Definitely a trade-off between money and time with the family.  At present, I'm somewhat strapped financially, so I would do it.  In a couple of years, I'd probably decline unless I was doing all the work from home, and it wasn't more than a month or two at a time with at least a month break inbetween.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Thorin

And why are you asking, Mr. A?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: "Thorin"And why are you asking, Mr. A?
Just curious... ;)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: "Bryan"You work 60 hours a week just to keep up with everyone else...
Some of us can't just sit on our ass all day and watch a pretty light on metal and make the mills :P

Doing it to pay off my debt faster so I can get a house :D

Mr. Analog

Quote from: "Melbosa"
Quote from: "Bryan"You work 60 hours a week just to keep up with everyone else...
Some of us can't just sit on our ass all day and watch a pretty light on metal and make the mills :P

Yeah, we just sit on our asses and wiggle our fingers...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"

Someone got that backhanded slap did they :P

Mr. Analog

Someone got that backhanded slap did they :P
My code is magical, and it streams forth in a torrent of genius I merely wave my mouse and gesture my fingers on my 20 lb IBM wand and all logical conundrums become abundant with crystal clarity!

'Cept on days that end with the letter "y", those are practice days...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Bryan

1787 posts.....

who sits on his ass?

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Bryan"

1787 posts.....

who sits on his ass?
And you overlooked Mr. 2553 ("Mr. Almost-3000"?)... Are you afraid of Mr. A's power but not Mel's? ;)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Melbosa

1787 posts.....

who sits on his ass?
I am the admin, whats to say I just don't up the numbers for myself to make me "feel" important, but not so much to be #1 as that would be suspecious :P

Mr. Analog

1787 posts.....

who sits on his ass?
I am the admin, whats to say I just don't up the numbers for myself to make me "feel" important, but not so much to be #1 as that would be suspecious :P
It's just as well, then I'd have to start posting more to be the King of postcount with the numbers being tinkered with...

By Grabthar's Hammer

Bryan

1787 posts.....

who sits on his ass?
It's just as well, then I'd have to start posting more to be the King of postcount with the numbers being tinkered with...

Im just trying to annoy Mel.