Lone Gunmen out on DVD today

Started by Darren Dirt, March 29, 2005, 11:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

QUOTE (IMDB)

"The Lone Gunmen": The Complete Series on DVD

"The Lone Gunmen," three conspiracy theorists introduced on "The X Files", brought their own brand of private investigation to bear on the eponymously titled show (now available on DVD). With a combination of advanced technical skills and regressive social skills the Gunmen find themselves trying to unravel complex mysteries, usually in competition with the lovely and whip-smart Yves Adele Harlow (Zuleikha Robinson), all the while trying to scrape enough money and time together to publish their weekly newsletter.

The three double-sided discs includes the complete series (all 13 episodes) plus the "X-Files" episode "Jump the Shark" (which concluded a plot thread left hanging at the end of the series), select episode commentary by creators and casts, and "Making of The Lone Gunmen," a retrospective featurette.[/quote]

I'd like to know what the "commentary by creators and casts" will have to say about the pilot episode - Dean Haglund was on the Alex Jones Show (17Dec2004 , and if I recall correctly said one of the head writers was really freaked out when Dean called him on 9-11 saying "holy crap are you seeing this dude?" or similar :o

(Also interesting - look at "TODAY ON THE ALEX JONES SHOW" here. It makes mention of this analysis of the 9-11-esque storyline in TLG's pilot episode.)

PS: any1 know what the "Jump the Shark" XFiles episode was all about?

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Shayne

NO WAY!!!! *runs to zip.ca queues up the entire series*

Thanks Darren, you have made my day.

Mr. Analog

Damn, I just bought $90 worth of comics, my entertainment budget is spent 'til next payday, I'll have to get it then...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

But next payday is in two days, isn't it?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: "Thorin"But next payday is in two days, isn't it?
Hooray! Well, bills have to be paid too.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

*breathes sigh of relief as others jump on this-is-cool bandwagon*

I recall a few of us getting together on Sunday nights and watching Futurama-Simpsons-TLG and it was all Good Times. Killed so young, sad but maybe it was the Gubmint! Maybe too many story lines were based on true conspiracies, repressed inventions, etc...

Especially loved the ep. where their faces were covered with dots - never did find out what happened after they got caught at the end; guess I'll find out when I watch the DVDs :)

Darren Dirt

Heh, there's a bunch of threads on IMDB that bring up the 9-11 connections...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0243069/board/threads/

Shayne

When i check out Futureshops website the DVD has only 7 episodes, yet Amazon says 13.  Im confused.

...also, i want...

http://www.animatedbliss.com/DVD/listings....te+First+Season

...though i think its a tad obscure for serious marketability.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: "Shayne"When i check out Futureshops website the DVD has only 7 episodes, yet Amazon says 13.  Im confused.

...also, i want...

http://www.animatedbliss.com/DVD/listings....te+First+Season

...though i think its a tad obscure for serious marketability.
Hah, that show was a gas!
By Grabthar's Hammer