Main Menu

Sin City

Started by Ustauk, March 31, 2005, 02:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ustauk

Well, my $7 Cineplex Odeon/Galaxy tickets came in today.  So does anyone want to go see Sin City tomorrow, or in the next while, for $7 a pop?  I'd be willing to provide a ride for couple of people if need be.  I wouldn't mind seeing it at one of the big theatres,(North Edmonton Cinemas, or South Edmonton Common) myself.

Mr. Analog

I really want to see this flick, I've never read the comic but the trailers and the nerd-feedback thus far has been good.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Ustauk

Showtimes are as follows, at Cineplex Odeon theatres.

North Edmonton Cinemas
4:00PM 4:50PM 6:50PM 7:40PM 9:35PM 10:30PM

South Edmonton Common
4:30PM 7:00PM 8:00PM 10:00PM 10:45PM

Clairview
4:20PM 7:00PM 9:50PM

Edmonton City Centre
7:00PM 10:00PM

Sherwood Park (Galaxy)
4:10PM 7:15PM 10:00PM

Any particular location/time preferences?

Darren Dirt

Just was about to post a link to this fun-to-read review: http://www.sfweekly.com/issues/2005-03-30/film/film.html

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Ustauk

I talked to Mags and Melbosa in WoW tonight, and they said Monday would be good for them.  Can you make it then, Mr. Analog?

Mr. Analog

That works out much better for me, gotta clean up here tomorrow after work.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Monday, I like it. A non-weekend works much better for me too. I'm interested in seeing it primarily for the visual aspect, in a way like those not interested in philosophy or dream theory wanted to see Waking Life. Also it's intriguing to see the end result knowing the technical history (a la Sky Captain)... I hope I'm not at a disadvantage not being aware of any of the storyline details in the 4 stories all included in this flick, but knowing in advance the gore level will be "Kill Bill"esque, that's all I need to know hopefully :)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Ustauk

Ok, now that we have a date, we need a time.  Since Darren, Mags, and Melbosa are all on the south side, I'd be willing to drive Mr. Analog to and from South Edmonton Common.  To refresh, the showtimes are as follows there.

South Edmonton Common
7:00PM 8:00PM 10:00PM 10:45PM

Ustauk

Well, I had to take the car to the shop today, since it seems to have sprung a rather bad oil leak.  My mechanics not in today, and won't be able to look at it until  Monday So if I don't have wheels, I won't be able to give Mr. Analog a ride to the south side and back, unless the cars ready by the evening on Monday.  Melbosa may be able to give Mr. Analaog and I a ride down to the shop if the car's ready, or else Mr. Analog will have to ride with me on the dreaded number 8 bus to retrieve it.  Just a heads up.

Mr. Analog

I could join you on the number 8, as long as your car is fixed when we get there lol (j/k) :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

I can provide transporation as well.  Just make sure you all get a hold of me on my new cell number if you need to talk to me.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

I have an all day meeting today, starting at 9:30 and finishing at 4:30, so I will be unavailable for most of the day. Addidionally, I don't think I'm going to be feeling much like doing anything tonight, but I will try to get on here after my meeting to figure out what, if anything, I'm doing tonight for sure.

Ust, if you want to come down this-a-way for lunch today I can give you your money at lunch. Leave a message at my work number (extension 224, as my cell phone is out of juice and at home today).
By Grabthar's Hammer

Ustauk

Well, my mechanic has one of those end of vacation illnesses, so he probably won't get to the car today.  Sounds like Mr. Analog doesnt' want to go today anyways, but if I could hitch a ride to the southside with Melbosa, and maybe get dropped off by Southgate or Millgate afterwards, that'd be good.  If Mr. Analog still wants to come and Melbosa is willing to give him a ride back to Clairview, I'll just hop the LRT home from there.  

And don't worry about getting the money to me, Mr. Analog, until we get the monitor to your place and find out if it survived the trip intact :)

Mr. Analog

Sounds good, like I said before, I don't know how pooped I'm going to be after this marathon meetiing so we'll play it by ear for now...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

K well each of you give me a dingle on the good old cell (with new number) at 4:30 and tell me where you gonna be and if you coming or not.  Looks like with all the pickups and such, gonna be a 7:00pm showing.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!