DC Comics ceases all publication, Marvel next...

Started by Mr. Analog, April 01, 2005, 08:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Detective Comics (known by most of us as DC) is shutting it's doors (in North America anyway) partially from market forces and mostly from an avalanche of lawsuits being filed by a fundimentalist Christian organization called Parents Agaisnt Pantheonic Lore better known as "PAPL". The organization founded in New Mexico in 1996 has been going after any media that supposodly expounds the virtues of a collection of powerful beings. They have targeted everything from comics, books, movies, role playing games and of course video games with some degree of success.

The organization has being filing multiple lawsuits in a simultaneous attack designed to tie up DCs resources in court. Comics under fire were diverse to say the least, everthing from the JLA to Archie Comics have been brought under fire because of their "immoral" focus on pantheonic mythology. And while I personally don't see the resemblance between Zeus / Hades vs Archie / Reggie, PAPL's lawyers have still persued the case(s).

Cartoon Network has, at the request of DC, ceased showing many cartoons based on DC characters for fear of falling into the same boat. Marvel has been watching the mayhem develop for six months and has been gradually shifting it's storylines from "team-based" adventuring to more individual focused stories. Industry analysts expect Marvel to come under attack after the "Fantastic Four" movie comes out this summer.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Complete and utter BS. WTF is with this world.  HTF do they think they are.  I mean come-on! Comics, freakin comics ???????

K who had that *knock some sense into you* stick lying around?  I think its time to start paying some people *visits*!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Melbosa

Unless this is an April Fools... please say it is... :(
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Thorin

If this was real, Mr. A.'d be a *lot* more upset.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tonnica

Plus he'd link to articles, he's a linker not a fighter!

Personally, I blame that one Archie comic where they find the cursed wooden idol that turns anyone who posseses it into a power hungry maniac. Archie nearly broke Veronica's wrist. Scandal!

Mr. Analog

Yes I'd be curled up in a ball at home playing with my action figures...

Also, I can write articles when I want! :P
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Quote from: "Tonnica"Personally, I blame that one Archie comic where they find the cursed wooden idol that turns anyone who posseses it into a power hungry maniac. Archie nearly broke Veronica's wrist. Scandal!
Cursed wooden idol? BLASPHEME!

Wrong, just wrong...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"Detective Comics (known by most of us as DC) is shutting it's doors (in North America anyway) partially from market forces and mostly from an avalanche of lawsuits being filed by a fundimentalist Christian organization called Parents Agaisnt Pantheonic Lore better known as "PAPL". The organization founded in New Mexico in 1996 has been going after any media that supposodly expounds the virtues of a collection of powerful beings. They have targeted everything from comics, books, movies, role playing games and of course video games with some degree of success. Plus they actually don't exist.

The organization has being filing multiple lawsuits in a simultaneous attack designed to tie up DCs resources in court. Comics under fire were diverse to say the least, everthing from the JLA to Archie Comics have been brought under fire because of their "immoral" focus on pantheonic mythology. And while I personally don't see the resemblance between Zeus / Hades vs Archie / Reggie, PAPL's lawyers have still persued the case(s). You know the lawyers, the ones that don't exist.

Cartoon Network has, at the request of DC, ceased showing many cartoons based on DC characters for fear of falling into the same boat. Marvel has been watching the mayhem develop for six months and has been gradually shifting it's storylines from "team-based" adventuring to more individual focused stories. Industry analysts expect Marvel to come under attack after the "Fantastic Four" movie comes out this summer.Again, the Fantastic Four movie that doesn't actually exist ;)
Boy, some PAPL just don't know how to keep things in perspective  :rolleyes:

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Bryan

Quote from: "Tonnica"Plus he'd link to articles, he's a linker not a fighter!

Personally, I blame that one Archie comic where they find the cursed wooden idol that turns anyone who posseses it into a power hungry maniac. Archie nearly broke Veronica's wrist. Scandal!
I can't believe I remember this... classic toilet reading.

-----> http://www.stickdeath.com/ <-----
click on "Martyr Machine" f'n hilarious!!!!

Bryan

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"
Quote from: "Tonnica"Personally, I blame that one Archie comic where they find the cursed wooden idol that turns anyone who posseses it into a power hungry maniac. Archie nearly broke Veronica's wrist. Scandal!
Cursed wooden idol? BLASPHEME!

Wrong, just wrong...
Whats wrong with this?
Veronica being pregnant? or the fact that Jughead is wearing speedos?

-----> http://www.stickdeath.com/ <-----
click on "Martyr Machine" f'n hilarious!!!!

Mr. Analog

As most of you figured out, this was indeed an April Fool joke, I posted it on two other forums and got some laughs.

DC is still going stronger than ever and will gain some more ground now that they're bringing the Green Lantern back in force!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"

Always thought it's ironic how many people thought Archie was a good trustworthy wholesome moral comic. Look at this issue's subtitle "Archie's Girls". Girls, *plural*. The guy was practically a polygamist, I tell ya ;)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.