Tallest Building VS Canada

Started by Melbosa, April 01, 2005, 10:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2005/TECH/03/31/emi...r.ap/index.html

Thought this was an interesting part of this article:
QuoteThe craze for height has hit hardest in industrializing Asian countries like Taiwan, Hong Kong and China, which boast seven of the world's 10 tallest buildings. The current tallest, at 101 floors, is the Taipei 101 in Taiwan, though Toronto's CN Tower is 180 feet higher, largely because of its huge antenna.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Shayne

Canada has the biggest *cough* in the world!  Right next to what looks oddly like a sack, where they play with balls.....err...

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tonnica

Quote from: "Melbosa"
QuoteThe craze for height has hit hardest in industrializing Asian countries like Taiwan, Hong Kong and China, which boast seven of the world's 10 tallest buildings. The current tallest, at 101 floors, is the Taipei 101 in Taiwan, though Toronto's CN Tower is 180 feet higher, largely because of its huge antenna.
One of these days they're going make enough of a freudian slip to build a "Schwing Center", I just know it...

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

...they are keeping the exact height a secret to flummox competitors in the world's furious race for the title of tallest skyscraper.

Booth said jokingly that once completed in 2008, the $900 million Burj will sport a movable spire to keep observers from ever gauging the true height.

"Only the chairman will know how tall it is," he joked.

I am so shocked that none of you 12-year olds made some reference to what would stimulate the spire to be extended or contracted to longer or shorter lengths ;)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.