Main Menu

Robots

Started by Mr. Analog, April 05, 2005, 11:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Quote...good old fashioned cartoon storytelling...

Full review here.

I thought it was ok, it's no Finding Nemo but it's better than most IMHO.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I would agree with your review that it needed to be longer, to explore the characters some more.  And there were a lot of characters introduced, which meant each one had less screen time to explore their backgrounds.

I'm sure my kids would've sat and watched if the movie had been another 30 minutes longer.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"
Quote...good old fashioned cartoon storytelling...

Full review here.

I thought it was ok, it's no Finding Nemo but it's better than most IMHO.
"Robots does not have a roller coaster plot" <-- yeah but there were a lot of roller coaster action scenes ;)

I just like how many times I laughed out loud - and usually not from Robin Williams' streamofconsciousness bits - but also when the amazing visuals surprised me with unexpected action, especially the "domino" scene. But most of all I was impressed with how it all had a consistent look - even inside the "robot hell" type of place, it was scary for my 3 year old, but it still "worked" with all the rest of the scenes.

Worth seeing in the theatres, for anyone who hasn't yet - DVD on the little screen just won't have the same impact. Ditto for Sin City ;)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

To be honest I would love to see this movie on IMAX, some of the roller coaster scenes are fantastic, even on the standard-sized silver screen.
By Grabthar's Hammer