Revenge of the Sith

Started by Ustauk, May 18, 2005, 08:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shayne

Quote from: "Darren Dirt"(arguably) good actors
Beyond McGregor, who basically steals the show, who else is a "good" actor?  Please dont say Portman or Christensen.

I really hope this is the last we see of Lucas.  I wouldnt shed a tear.  Sure the film was good, 7/10.  Anti-climatic in that i knew the backstory well before Episodes 1-3 were started.  He just doesnt have the skills to carry a $200M budget movie.  Also its worth noting, that Lucas didnt direct or write the screen plays for V & VI (argueably the better films in the trilogy)

BRING ON WAR OF THE WORLDS!

Darren Dirt

Remember, kiddies, Kevin Smith got a before-everybody-else sneak peek so he could kiss up to The Lucas, and voila he's involved in (the writing I think, of) the Star Wars TV series... Oh Lord have mercy on us and let that just be a rumour/a project that never gets off the ground...

Personally, again not seeing RotS yet (nor planning on it) I thought Ewan's voice acting in Robots was out of place, yet was somehow far more interesting than approximately half of his screentime in "Shallow Grave", which btw managed to be an excellent and often-silly little thriller of a film despite that.

Sam Jackson is Da Man, don't knock him, or he gonna bus' y'ass! :P

Oh, and Portman I have nothing to say, never seen a film with her so is it possible to cast judgement based purely on trailers? ;)

Sad when a film like this, so heavily hyped and eagerly anticipated, has its best quality, even to many of the totalfans, still being the action and SFX...

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Darren Dirt

Do you Jedi Knights agree with this, "The Best Order of Watching the Six Star Wars Films"... ?

And as a side note, I did get to see Episode 3 this weekend. I enjoyed it.

There was also a huge debate on the Forumopolis forums about the proper order to watch the Star Wars movies (especially for those who may not have seen any of them). While some naturally suggested them in order (I, II, III, IV, V, VI) other suggested original release order (IV, V, VI, I, II, III) so as not to spoil any surprises.

A wonderful suggestion was made though and I must agree that it is probably the best way I've heard of to watch the entire epic.

IV, V, *wavy flashback lines* I, II, III, *reverse wavy flashback lines* VI

So there you have it. The definitive watching order for the Star Wars epic
posted by Barry Smith 10:18 AM
[/quote]

Lazybones

IV, V, VI, I, II, III

Shayne

V, VI, III, IV, I, II

Tonnica

V V V V V IV V V IV V V IV and when you get sick of those, VI. :P

I felt III wasn't painful to watch and there were some parts I genuinely enjoyed. There's also bits that I really thought were just goofy (extended CG mount sequence, "oh no not the younglings!!!!!!!!11@2", "hold me like you did before", etc.). I'd watch this one again but I'm never going to buy it. It just doesn't feel like very good movie value for my buck despite the super-awesome four armed lightsaber wielding and Mace Windu: Fiercely Interesting Jedi.

Darren Dirt

SITH: The hidden lesson of Episode III - a rather profound perspective: http://www.mises.org/story/1834

And even more interesting are the comments, found here. (For example, one wise offering towards the end:
QuoteI also assume most haven't missed the parallel scene:

Luke and Vader are fighting, while the emperor is sitting there and his friends are getting killed, and Luke eventually overpowers Vader, with Vader on the Floor unable to mount any further defense.

Luke is Jedi - he shuts off his lightsaber. (Windu didn't).

Yet the emperor arises and attacks Luke and turns the tables.

Vader eventually gets up and throws the emperor to fall to his death.

This scene Episode 6 is a recast of 3, although we all viewed them in the wrong sequence. Yet when you straighten the timeline, this scene is being replayed the right way the second time - with evil conquered, Vader leaving the dark side to become a Jedi again with his son, Luke.

)

Mr. Analog

As long as the younglings are safe...
By Grabthar's Hammer