Job Posting - HOT!!!!

Started by Melbosa, June 22, 2005, 04:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

This one is definately up a lot of you guy's alleys out there, so check it out:

http://www.nait.ca/hr/jobopp/comps/205151.htm

Web/SQL Developer.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Melbosa

Mr. Analog

The programming job salary range is thus (in case you wanted to know):

(RENUMERATION / 2 WEEKS) * NO. WEEKS IN YEAR

(1947.54 / 2) * 52.177457 = $50, 808.84

(2580.06 / 2) * 52.177457 = $67, 310.48

Not too shabby...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

NAIT's pay scale is public: http://www.nait.ca/hr/staff/ca/payschedules.htm#mae

And this position falls under the Management/Excluded section: http://www.nait.ca/hr/staff/ca/MAE_2004_Grid.pdf

FYI - This position in the level 17-18-19 scale.  At NAIT you are guaranteed your "Step" increase on your aniversary date as long as you are a FTE.  3 Weeks holidays to start (accumulated 1.25 every month) and 10-12 days at XMas (depends on the academic year).  Our fiscal years are July 1-June 30th, but our employee roll-overs (absences, medical appointments, benefit funds) are on an anual year of Jan 1-Dec 31st.  All employees of NAIT get educational pricing on all products you can buy (software, closes, books, etc), staff incentives on Microsoft products - $12 XP Pro, $12 Office 2003, all facilities that NAIT offers are available for employee use.

Downside - runs like a gov operation sometimes, with politics that can exist in such breading grounds.  This position shouldn't see much of that, but just a heads up.

Lazybones

Pay looks good, but I am just getting settled in at my current job.  :rolleyes:  

Tonnica

Sweet! Thanks for the post Mel. I am SO applying to that position tomorrow.

For now though, sleepytime. Wish I had checked the board sooner but I got distracted by Pixelblocks. They awesome!

Melbosa

Hopefully Thorin saw this too, as he was interested in any jobs from NAIT when I was talking to him at Mr. A's BDay.

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"The programming job salary range is thus (in case you wanted to know):

Not too shabby...
Ouch my brain hurts with the complex math ^

I thought Annual from "biweekly" = simply "TIMES 26"

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Thorin

Quote from: "Melbosa"Hopefully Thorin saw this too, as he was interested in any jobs from NAIT when I was talking to him at Mr. A's BDay.
Yup, I did.  And the basically four weeks of vacation and decent pay certainly are interesting...

The work sounds right up my alley, too.  Although I'd feel sorta bad competing with Tonnica for it  :(  
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: "Darren Dirt"
Quote from: "Mr. Analog"The programming job salary range is thus (in case you wanted to know):

Not too shabby...
Ouch my brain hurts with the complex math ^

I thought Annual from "biweekly" = simply "TIMES 26"
That's a bit less accurate (since there are leap years involved) right? RIGHT!?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Now, to be a math nerd.

There are 365 and 99/400th days in a year.  That's 365.2475, expressed as a decimal number.  Dividing that by 7 for the number of days in a week, I get 52.178214285714... (the dots are supposed to indicate repeating).

Where did you get 52.177457 from?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Cova

Looks like a lvl 18 position to me (right range of pay, and not enough responsibility in that description to be a lvl 19), which would put you at about $1900 biweekly / almost $50K per year (based on the chart Mel linked, which is a little old - the current one would have the exact pay numbers from the job posting).  The max pay range on the job posting should line up with step 7 of the same level (which is very close at 18 on this old chart) - which would be the pay you are receiving after working at NAIT for 6 years if you are never promoted or anything. (just get your annual steps).  Of course, to account for inflation and what not that chart goes up by a percent or two usually every year as well - so by the time you've been here 6 years the $65K annual will probably be closer to $70K.

If you get a promotion, you go up a level.  DING!   Anyways - look at the chart for whatever level/step you are at, go up a level, then drop as many steps as you can without taking a pay decrease, and thats where you end up.  So a promotion at NAIT really gives you more room for growth than instant pay increase.  I'd be capped out already if I hadn't DING'd a few times.  And I'm gonna cap out in a couple years I think, since going up another level for me would require me to be in a management position of some type (at least a couple people working under me) - and someone would have to retire out of said position to free one up for me to apply to.

Tonnica

Quote from: "Thorin"The work sounds right up my alley, too.  Although I'd feel sorta bad competing with Tonnica for it  :(
Hah! Don't be. I'd rather compete against someone I can feel some respect for for a job.

If I don't get the job and you get it? Wonderful! It does seem like a tasty position with plenty of benifits and off-time so you can have a happy holiday with the family.

If I get the job and you don't? I'll be happy and keep an eye out for any future positions I can throw in a recommendation for you.

If neither of us get it? Then it's a shame because they could have done well by either of us. And for the induvidual who did get it? Two words: ZERGLING RUSH!

T'be honest I am out of practice with ASP even though I still have my fundementals. I also have only one year's worth of professional experience backing me up. Is it likely I'll be picked up? There's a nonzero chance and it never hurts to try as long as the office staff don't have "dire" or "flayer" in their titles/names.

Positivity is key, so stay positive. Do it. Dooooooooo iiiiiiiiit!

Also: Google brings us complex maths, yay!

Melbosa

Quote from: "Cova"Looks like a lvl 18 position to me (right range of pay, and not enough responsibility in that description to be a lvl 19), which would put you at about $1900 biweekly / almost $50K per year (based on the chart Mel linked, which is a little old - the current one would have the exact pay numbers from the job posting).
Unfortunately that is the most current pay list on the website.  I would guess by mid July the next one will be out.