Main Menu

Sick

Started by Thorin, November 22, 2012, 05:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Five out of six of the people in my house have runny noses and sore throats.  I'm one of them :(  Hopefully this is one of those illnesses that goes away quickly.

I remember Mr. A. was sick for a while there, is anyone else suffering from the seasonal cold?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on November 22, 2012, 05:00:53 PM
Five out of six of the people in my house have runny noses and sore throats.  I'm one of them :(  Hopefully this is one of those illnesses that goes away quickly.

I remember Mr. A. was sick for a while there, is anyone else suffering from the seasonal cold?
Yeah, I started feeling a cold come on a couple/few days ago. It isn't as bad today, may have been made worse by not enough sleep, and worrying about my cat.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Both my parents have been sick twice, first was a head cold the second was the flu.

My dad is down with it right now.

I had a sneezing fit in the office today, though that could be due to the levels of dust in the place.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I've been sneezing, have a pretty nasty cough (not TOO often), sinuses are clogging, have a headache, been more tired... Yeah. I need to get some vitamin C and some other junk.

The sneezing has been annoying, strong enough that it causes some weird muscle contractions. muscles you don't normally use.

Mr. Analog

I started taking One a Day (for men !?) and cod liver oil (with Vitamin D and A) after I got really sick there.

It's made a big difference all around, in a lot of areas (notably motivation/general mood).

I just have to remember to have it with dinner.

Speaking of which I better get my ass out of the office here and get home.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

I've had a 3 week cold that "went away" after 6 days, then 3 days after that came back with a vengence -- and now The Cough (the tickle-cough, only occasionally coming from the lungs) is finally fading maybe today, after at least 8 days of suffering with it (after the "cold" part pretty much went away.

So yeah, I know something of this "sick" you mention.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Thorin

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 22, 2012, 05:19:50 PM
Speaking of which I better get my ass out of the office here and get home.

Yesterday there was free lunch.  It was good enough to even get that Spruce Grovian (Spruce Grover?  Spruce Grovish?  Spruce Grooberian?) to come in.  Was there anyone in the office today?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

No there was not

DON'T REMIND ME

I tried catching the bus twice, once at 7:30 (out there for almost an hour, at 3 different stops), then again at 11:30 (just missed it)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 22, 2012, 06:46:54 PM
No there was not

DON'T REMIND ME

I tried catching the bus twice, once at 7:30 (out there for almost an hour, at 3 different stops), then again at 11:30 (just missed it)
Meh. work can stuff it ;) jk.

I ended up sleeping in today after being sick and worried about kitty, and very very tired. Was going to try and put in a few hours today at least, but that didn't happen.

Mr. Analog

The difference is I wanted to go, it was the lunch to say hello to someone new and goodbye to someone I work with.

I knew I should have left earlier...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 22, 2012, 06:55:41 PM
The difference is I wanted to go, it was the lunch to say hello to someone new and goodbye to someone I work with.

I knew I should have left earlier...
Ah, I thought you meant you tried to go today. Misread.

Mr. Analog

No, I was there today, by myself.

On the weekend I'm going to have to bring my plant some food, it's on life support now
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 22, 2012, 10:47:40 PM
No, I was there today, by myself.

On the weekend I'm going to have to bring my plant some food, it's on life support now
Poor plant :(

Make sure to talk to it ;) maybe praise it for doing so well.

Thorin

That sucks, the bus just didn't show up in the morning?  Usually Edmonton Transit is pretty good at running the routes, even if they're running late.

As long as your plant doesn't start saying FEED ME SEYMOUR, we'll be okay.  But if it starts saying that, then it might be time to get a new plant :)
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

CowGirl

I highly recommend a christmas cactus. I'm good at kill plants, and mine is still alive.
i aM A NoBoDy, NoBoDy iS PeRfEcT, tHeReFoRe, I'M PeRfEcT!