Retro Game Stuff

Started by Mr. Analog, September 20, 2018, 10:23:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 20, 2018, 05:59:02 PM
I need to document my library but I'm sure I can lend you some games if you are interested.
Might be interested, depending :)

I'll need to get the audio adc though. currently I won't be able to properly hear the older games, since my setup necessitates piping things through the scaler and reciever, and the scaler only takes digital audio. soon. soon.

I'll have to check. I might have /one/ of the adcs left. maybe.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

The more I play with the Framemeister the more impressed I am with how well it works - heck it looks almost better than a SNES emulator on PC. I can't wait to get everything setup properly and have you guys over for some classic gaming.

Since Double Dragon Neon was a popular choice last time I've gotten a few more multiplayer beat 'em ups (Final Fight 2 and 3) but I also have plenty more fun games we can play in glorious "pixels the size of your head" HD

EDIT: Oh yeah I actually have TWO versions of Final Fight 2, the US and JP versions. They play mostly the same but there are a few little differences here and there (mainly censorship stuff, like the first boss has a meat cleaver in the JP version, etc) so you can pick your poison

I should mention I have a few Japanese games which are wild, I've got a couple Parodius games (think Gradius but with tons of jokes and silly stuff), Super Puyo Puyo (ever played Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine?) and Street Fighter II Turbo (I don't think it came out in the US) lots of good weird stuffs...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

RAWKET LAWN CHAIR

Look what I got! METAL SLUG is a classic Contra style shooter for the NEO-GEO. I thought this might have been a reproduction cart due to the low price but it looks legit to me. Can't wait to try it out

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Darren Dirt

When I heard you first say "NEO-GEO" it was "METAL SLUG" that immediately came to mind. :) Have fun!

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on October 29, 2018, 11:20:07 PM
When I heard you first say "NEO-GEO" it was "METAL SLUG" that immediately came to mind. :) Have fun!

I'm just lucky to have gotten it for the price I paid, normally it's very expensive.

When I finally get everything organized I'll have you guys over and we can shoot goofy bad guys together
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

I've been playing NEO-GEO for 3+ hours, it was expensive but totally worth it

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Did I mention the carts are humungous? (SNES cart for reference)

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on November 17, 2018, 05:45:36 PM
Holly Carp, that's huge!
Now I gotta figure out where to store them all! LOL

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I think it is crazier that there are two PCB edge connectors.

On the other end size the Turbo Graphics 16 cards where very small in those generations. 

Sega had cards for the Mastersystem as well.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on November 17, 2018, 07:57:17 PM
I think it is crazier that there are two PCB edge connectors.

On the other end size the Turbo Graphics 16 cards where very small in those generations. 

Sega had cards for the Mastersystem as well.
Speaking of the TurboGraphix they not only had one in the store but they also had the handheld version which until today I didn't know existed!

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

So I decided to buy myself a present and bought a new NEO-GEO cart on eBay, nothing fancy, it was only $100 but still one of my favorites

Tonight I'm gonna plug in some classic games and have a good old time

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Holy crap! My game came from Japan already!!

Time to clean up the streets of Southtown lol

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I have been watching lots of retro stuff.. Keep feeling like I want a full size or near full size cabinet..

These look interesting and can be modded / take other inputs https://arcades.atgames.net/features/

However one of my fondest arcade game memories is Super Off Road, which is a stand up three player cabinet with the free spinning style stearing wheels.. One of the local brewery had one till recently, I was sad to see it go.