Doctor Who (2005)

Started by Ustauk, March 29, 2005, 09:04:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ustauk

Just a reminder that the new iteration of the Doctor will be appearing on CBC for our Canadian guild members on Tuesday, April 5, at EDIT 8:00 PM. END EDIT  What reviews I have found to date have been mostly positive.  I have some fond memories of watching Doctor Who when I went to visit my grandma in Saskatchewan a couple of times a year as a kid, but don't ask me which Doctor it was, I don't have a clue :)

Mr. Analog

I can't wait, I've actually had to stop myself twice from downloading the leaked first episode!

I just hope I can get clear CBC reception...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Ustauk

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"I can't wait, I've actually had to stop myself twice from downloading the leaked first episode!

I just hope I can get clear CBC reception...
I could try and tape it in case your receptions crappy.

Mr. Analog

I used to watch Dr. Who on fuzzy antenna picking up PBS from the States, a few lines and static won't bug me much...

Dr. Who!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Is this a new Doctor, or is it the old episodes played again?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Ustauk

Quote from: "Thorin"Is this a new Doctor, or is it the old episodes played again?
New doctor, new series.

http://www.cbc.ca/doctorwho/

first episode review.

http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?a...6&sub_id=270387

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Ustauk

Correction: It's 8:00 PM next Tuesday.  9:00 is a funny/tragic little show called This Is Wonderland, about the Canadian justice system at the grunt level, so you might want to stick around CBC and watch it.

Darren Dirt

The new Doctor Who is played by Christopher Eccleston, whom you may remember played (I'm pretty sure) the incredibly unlikeable military fiend who goes nutso in the last act of "28 Days Later". I hope Who fans can forgive him and he's not typecast ;)

Whoops, did I say typecast? Is Chris worried? Apparently not so much. :o

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Fuff! and fuff again, I say. CBC "dramadies" are as funny as clown-shaped tumors
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Heh, the "Second Coming" 2-part miniseries was written by (apparently atheist) Russell T. Davies - who is also the main writer for Who (!)

Enjoy laddies, I had my fill of low-budget Brit scifi with the matchless (yet wanting) H2G2 mini back in the 80s... *looks at calendar and counts days until April 29th*

Mr. Analog

Dr. Who series star quits

Quote"The day after the BBC confirmed there will be a second Doctor Who series next year, as well as a Christmas special, new Dr Who actor Christopher Eccleston has revealed he will not continue in the role, for fears of being typecast. Billie Piper, who plays his assistant Rose, will probably continue in her role."

The BBC story here...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tonnica

Holy blap! That was fast. Though I can see how the weight of a decades-long TV series with a huge fanbase can overpower anyone. The fan base seems to have never really disappeared for Dr. Who as well; just waited in the wings with meticulous patience.

As it looks like a pretty good bet the series will be revived now, I can't help but wonder what the future will hold. Who will play Rasselon when the time comes?

Mr. Analog

Quote from: "Tonnica"Who will play Rasselon when the time comes?
I vote for Brian Blessed, or possibly John Rhys-Davies!

Or no wait, how 'bout someone good like Terence Stamp?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

I say that any news release jumped on by Interwebians that occurs within 24 hours of 01April should be taken with a grain of salty humour sense. Uh, yeah, you get what I mean. Darn it, that Google Gulp stuff is making my brain steam swell up or something... :P