Main Menu

Narnia review

Started by Ustauk, December 05, 2005, 09:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ustauk

There's a review of the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe at Aint-It-Cool-News, not by Harry, for those of you who dislike his reviews.  From the sound of it, it'll be good, but you have to be able to tap into your inner child to enjoy it.  Might be a good one for Darren and Thorin to bring there kids to, as well.  Anybody else planning on seeing it?

Lazybones

Mr. Analog

Yessir, one of my favourite books as a child.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Ustauk

Edmonton City Centre Friday matinee again?

Mr. Analog

I might have to play Friday by ear...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yeah, I've been waiting for it to come out.  It's the must-see movie for the Christmas holidays for my family.  I doubt I'll have time for much else besides hockey (eight games in three bloody days, plus possible semi-finals/finals!), but this is something we're going to make time for.  Might not see it until the end of the month, though :P
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"Yessir, one of my favourite books as a child.

I think it's funny that the reviewer even mentioned the sometimes-unfairly-extreme review site "capalert.com"... He covered all the bases :)

"If you are one of us lucky ones to still have your inner child intact, I honestly think you’re going to get one hell of a kick out of this movie. While not LotR, it is most definitely akin to Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal or the Neverending Story. And to it’s benefit, it’s the LotR movie families can take their young kids to. But it’s gonna cause a stir."

Well since I bought my son the full set last Christmas, I'm definitely going with him -- not sure if a 7 year old and 4 year old girl will enjoy it as much, but if it's a "soft" PG then it's probably wholefamilyfun... :)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Thorin

I will be taking my 8/6/4 year olds, but expect to be answering quite a few questions afterwards...  Same as the opening scenes to Peter Pan II (they had bombs dropping on kids, fer chrissakes!  I thought I was in the wrong theater at first...)
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tonnica

I'm looking forward to this one for sure. Still have my full collection of paperbacks and know the full story pretty well. Not sure if I'd be able to make it out on friday, but it'd be fun if I could.

Darren Dirt

FYI: I might be willing to join you guys for the Friday matinee but you've got to post specifics today -- that way I know when I'll have to pick up my kids tomorrow in order to make it in time. :) Otherwise I'll just take them on Saturday afternoon probably, but maybe it would be cool to spend some time with my buds and my kids :)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Ustauk

I'm getting a consensus that Friday's ot good.  How about a Sunday matinee or evening showing?  I still have three platinum plus passes, and I can get more if need be.