So who watches SG1?

Started by Melbosa, August 21, 2006, 08:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Is this ever a pisser: http://epguides.com/StargateSG1/

And have checked a couple of guides... no release date for the continuation of The Quest, nor is Atlantis scheduled until Mar 07... boo!

Seems like a huge gap to me... anyone else?  What is it with SciFi?  BSG is the same way with huge gaps mid season.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Lazybones

Ya, I noticed Atlantis all of a sudden went on hold...

However Battlestar is back on so not all is lost.

Ustauk

As long as Stargate has been running on Sci-fi, the season has been split in half, in a summer season starting in about July and ending in September, and a winter season running from January on to about April.  They did this with Battlestar last season, but this season its going to run straight through.  You can usually get the winter season a week or two earlier by tapping the UK feed, and the Movie Channel may also have Atlantis running earlier, since they run that straight through in one go from September.

Cova

I have noticed Atlantis playing on Movie Central HD a few times recently, but I don't watch it much and have no idea if those were new episodes or repeats.

Melbosa

Doh, didn't realize that they split the season like that... makes sense why in season 6 they started having cliff hangers in the middle of the season.  Just recently I wanted all 9 seasons back to back, so I didn't notice that until you pointed it out Ustauk.  Guess its normal... still a pisser... I want to know what happened :P.

Oh well, Heroes and BSG should keep me sane till its back on.

Tom

Oh, from what I heard, SciFi canceled SG1 to "get back to its roots" with more StarTrek (Enterprise iirc) reruns. They canceled a show, in order to run a canceled show. Makes sense to me! Also interesting, SciFi's roots ARE SG1. SG1 is what MADE SciFi what it is today, and wham, bam, thank you mam, you're canceled. Again.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Ustauk

According to Gateworld and other sources, Stargate will go on in the form of two straight to DVD movies.  The first will conclude the Ori storyline, while the second will deal with time travel.  It's suspected that the SciFi channel in the states may broadcast these, as they've broadcasted other direct to dvd features in the past.

Mr. Analog

Oh man, can't wait for these.

Hey, so I finally found my "Jack O'Niel" shades on Wednesday, but now I've lost all my game controllers and memory cards :(

WHAT THE HECK, and I just bought a couple games for my PS2...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Sorry to rez this thread, but something wierd is going on.

According to the eps guides I can find, Atlantis is on hold until March of 2007 (eg TV.com), yet I just found The Return Part 2 posted on TVTorrents?  Anyone know why?

Cova said might be out in europe, but I duno.

Ustauk

Quote from: Melbosa on November 22, 2006, 01:57:55 PM
Sorry to rez this thread, but something wierd is going on.

According to the eps guides I can find, Atlantis is on hold until March of 2007 (eg TV.com), yet I just found The Return Part 2 posted on TVTorrents?  Anyone know why?

Cova said might be out in europe, but I duno.
Actually, it appears to be on our very own Movie Central, according to this post on the gateworld forum.  The prior posts were doing a countdown :)  The best part is, the Movie Network out east aint getting it :)  So for those of you who get Movie Central, the schedule for repeats can be found here, though the episode is mislabbled 50 instead of 51.  Movie Central did the same thing last year, starting the season beginning in September instead of July and running the whole thing through in one go, therebye getting ahead of the States by November.  Sky One in the UK usually starts showing both Stargate's in October or so, and ends up a week or two ahead of the States after taking a Christmas break.  Thanks for the info, Melbosa.

Darren Dirt

Stargate fans will get a kick out of THIS "battle of the 80s hair" video clip :D

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Apparently there is a third Stargate series in development.

More info here...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Darren Dirt on December 17, 2006, 06:49:30 PM
Stargate fans will get a kick out of THIS "battle of the 80s hair" video clip :D

CREEPY!

Ustauk

According to Gateworld, MGM has no wish to continue with another season of SG-1, but they are willing to pursue further straight-to-DVD movies should sales justify them.  I guess we'll have to see how the first two do.