Main Menu

Google Play

Started by Thorin, March 26, 2012, 03:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Saw something new when I went to my google calendar: Google Play.  It's basically a marketplace, but all your music and apps and videos are stored in the cloud by default (you can "pin" them to have them on your device for when you're not online).  Kind of a neat idea, I thought, to have everything stored in the cloud.  Except, of course, everywhere that you don't have good internet access.

More about it here: https://play.google.com/about/features/
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on March 26, 2012, 03:22:52 PM
Saw something new when I went to my google calendar: Google Play.  It's basically a marketplace, but all your music and apps and videos are stored in the cloud by default (you can "pin" them to have them on your device for when you're not online).  Kind of a neat idea, I thought, to have everything stored in the cloud.  Except, of course, everywhere that you don't have good internet access.

More about it here: https://play.google.com/about/features/
Yeah, that's what they renamed the Google/Android Market to. And obviously integrated Google Music and what have you.

To add to that, the new Google Music app is now called "Play Music".
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Well, it's more than a rename it's a consolidation of a bunch of services Google already had but were spread out and confusing.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

it is also where there "facebook" like games are now.

Correction those are just android games.. now it seems silly.

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 26, 2012, 03:34:06 PM
Well, it's more than a rename it's a consolidation of a bunch of services Google already had but were spread out and confusing.

Perhaps it's Phase Two, after Phase One aka "consolidating the security settings of a bunch of diverse services".

Strive for progress. Not perfection.