Doctor Who Christmas Special 2013

Started by Thorin, December 25, 2013, 12:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

So uh, did you catch this?

Spoiler

Madame Kovarian split off from the Church of the Papal Mainframe (changed to the Church of the Silence) and started the whole movement that stole Amy and replaced her with the Flesh and then stole her baby Melody Pond, who became River Song.  Madame Kovarian was shown in Time Of The Doctor and the split was mentioned during the episode...  Makes ya wanna go back and watch A Good Man Goes To War and fact-check, eh?
[close]
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

It was hard not to miss!

Personally I felt all the tying things together was done a bit hastily and they ruined a really great and enigmatic foe by explaining them off a little too simply.

I fully expect there to be more story added in the future (or past?) ... at least I hope so
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 02, 2014, 08:33:27 AM
I'll just leave this here...

HA! Funny thing is, I was watching one of the "reveal" clips on Youtube, and they mentioned ANOTHER "letter from Peter re. Doctor Who" -- this time from when he was around 15 years old, very articulate IIRC.

EDIT: Found a mention here: http://tellyspotting.org/2013/08/05/15-yr-old-fan-peter-capaldi-named-the-twelfth-doctor-40-years-later/

also, in case photos disappear, this contains the text...

In a letter (1973) entitled ?Dalek-builders? he said:

?May I congratulate you on your excellent Dr Who Special. The articles, photos, and especially the Terry Nation Dalek story with the twist in the tail, were excellent.

The Dalek construction plans will have no doubt inspired many a school to build their own Daleks. Who knows, the country could be invaded by an army of school Daleks! Ah, but we?d be sage, as we?d have Dr Who to protect us!

Your Special has certainly made the year for Dr Who fans. A rather sad year due to the un-timely death of the Master, alias Roger Delgado. But I hope that in 15 years? time, in 1988, you will publish another Special to celebrate 25 years of wandering in time with the Doctor.?

Peter Capaldi

(aged 15)

PS: perhaps not so funny: his level of fandom was borderline stalking-ish maybe?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2386587/Young-Peter-Capaldi-obsessed-Doctor-Who-badgered-staff-constantly.html

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

This guy has been a serious fan his whole life, this is why I'm looking forward to see what he brings.
By Grabthar's Hammer