Minecraft 1.17 : The Caves & Cliffs Update

Started by Lazybones, October 03, 2020, 03:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Mr. Analog

Man, this is going to be one heck of a release when it comes!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I am somewhat impressed that the server sleep % is being added as a game rule.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on December 16, 2020, 03:15:33 PMI am somewhat impressed that the server sleep % is being added as a game rule.
For sure! No more plugin for that, now it'll be a game rule

Though it won't have the fun messages

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Mr. Analog

Nice to see more plant options and bug fixes. Looking forward to this release

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Mr. Analog

The ore texture changes!!! Finally!!!!!

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Using different textures for the different ores so that people with colour blindness can identify them easier, that's smart. They should do that for other blocks where only the colour differs.

That change to our generation, I dunno if I like that. Mining will become much more about multiple levels than a large spread on level 10...

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on February 17, 2021, 05:49:41 PMUsing different textures for the different ores so that people with colour blindness can identify them easier, that's smart. They should do that for other blocks where only the colour differs.

That change to our generation, I dunno if I like that. Mining will become much more about multiple levels than a large spread on level 10...

I like that the lower levels get new block types thus making it MORE than just a deeper level. Also, as far as mining, it looks like we will get a lot more open surface areas to explore in the larger open areas. It is a big change.

Also all of this basically makes it 100% worth it or necessary to start a new world to access all the new content.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on February 17, 2021, 05:49:41 PMUsing different textures for the different ores so that people with colour blindness can identify them easier, that's smart. They should do that for other blocks where only the colour differs.

For sure! So far I've been using texture packs to combat this problem for years, finally I can go back to vanilla!

Yeah I'm not too keen on the new ore distribution. My largest source of building blocks and coal comes from strip mining at low levels... guess I'll have to make multiple mines.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Mr. Analog

I'm still a bit worried about the new ore distribution it's going to change how I mine for stuff and I'm not sure how to feel about that

By Grabthar's Hammer