Minecraft Overviewer

Started by Thorin, March 28, 2012, 05:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on January 02, 2013, 04:03:23 PM
So...  I know you're all focused on work and FeedTheBeast, but any chance you can look at the Overviewer to figure out what's wrong?  It shows off builds so much better than the Dynamic Mapper.  I wish I could help ya with it, but it's all your servers and your passwords and your setup, so...
I updated overviewer and did some other stuff. I haven't been able to figure it out. At some point I'll ask the overviewer people about it.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

I don't know your setup, I assume you're running it as a cron job and using a config file?  Are you using the --no-tile-checks option or the --checktiles option or the --forcerender option (http://docs.overviewer.org/en/latest/running/#options)?  It might be that it doesn't think the tiles are updated based on some timestamp.  Are you copying the map over before rendering, or rendering directly from where the map is stored on your minecraft server?

I wonder what would happen if you just deleted all the overviewer web files (images, js, etc) and had it re-render.  Sure, the map would be offline for a couple of hours, but maybe that'd be the reset it needs...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Small update, I may have the map issues fixed. And I've set up hourly backups again. It saves 12 rotating hourly backups in the new setup, and the old setup saves daily, weekly and monthly snapshots.

In case anyone wants to see the code I whipped up to make the minecraft server do the 'save off/save all/save on' stuff, it's here: http://git.tomasu.org/rcon.git not the prettiest thing ever, but it gets the job done.

Oh, and it's doing backups for the FTB server too. yay.

Mr. Analog

Nice, yeah I saw the job execute while I was on this morning :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Thank you!  Nice to be able to see the latest builds.  The map won't show in Chrome for some reason, but I just fired up IE and could view it fine in there.  Although in IE it's really flickery when panning.  In Chrome it just shows me the black background.  I'll assume it works for everyone else and has something to do with my Chrome caching some file.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Yeah, it works fine in Chrome here.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I killed all the Chrome processes (including one that apparently didn't have a GUI associated with it, since all the Chrome windows were gone and it was still running).  After that, it worked fine.  Damn, it's nice to be able to see the latest builds!

Do you have a mapper set up for FTB?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on January 04, 2013, 09:51:37 AM
I killed all the Chrome processes (including one that apparently didn't have a GUI associated with it, since all the Chrome windows were gone and it was still running).  After that, it worked fine.  Damn, it's nice to be able to see the latest builds!

Do you have a mapper set up for FTB?
Not yet. I'll probably have to put it up on a separate subdomain, or have mc.tomasu.org have a couple links on it.. or frames or something. I don't know how well it'll handle mystcraft ages.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

If you look here: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-195/64/79/max/0/0, you'll see pink things in the garden.  These pink things are potatoes on one side and carrots on the other.  Is there an update for Overviewer that will properly show potato and carrot plants?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on January 15, 2013, 01:38:30 PM
If you look here: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-195/64/79/max/0/0, you'll see pink things in the garden.  These pink things are potatoes on one side and carrots on the other.  Is there an update for Overviewer that will properly show potato and carrot plants?
I probably just need to update the texture file.

Thorin

I wonder if a new texture file would also have the new corner stairs - they look so much nicer when stairs go around corners.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on January 15, 2013, 01:45:30 PM
I wonder if a new texture file would also have the new corner stairs - they look so much nicer when stairs go around corners.
I'm not sure. I think it's a run time thing, and may need support directly from overviewer.

Lazybones

The way I understand it overviewer is a stand alone implementation to render the world file... So anything more complex that a solid brick requires a definition in addition to the texture. Based on some conversation about mods in the IRC channel it sounds like they barely keep up with new items in vanilla minecraft these days.