Minecraft Overviewer

Started by Thorin, March 28, 2012, 05:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

No I mean like corner stairs and nether brick slabs still don't show up

We're adding more block types with this update so I'm not sure how things will look when I start building stuff out of more new blocks
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 27, 2013, 10:01:38 AM
No I mean like corner stairs and nether brick slabs still don't show up

We're adding more block types with this update so I'm not sure how things will look when I start building stuff out of more new blocks
Hm, well those corner things are code only, so they'd have had to render that stuff themselves in the same way.

As for the new block types, I think I only need to update the tileset. But I'm not sure how that'll work with the new tileset format.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

How do we trigger the overviewer to update again? (I'm sure there is a command, I can paste it in the first post in this thread maybe)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Do you mean the dynmap? I think its /dynmap render  or if you want to force an entire re-render, /dynmap fullrender

As for overviewer, I have to set that up to run again. I might have to turn down the frequency of overviewer updates.

Mr. Analog

Ahh okay, yeah.

Less frequent overviewer isn't a bad thing, maybe once every 3 hours or so?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I was thinking two. We'll see. Overviewer was getting stuck and leaving a crap load of processes around using CPU, I assume getting stuck in its "manual update mode" where it individually scanned each and every tile.

Mr. Analog

Ahh, yeah that would suck
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Especially since that manual update mode takes a bloody age. It's ETA countdown stops working reliably and starts claiming 24+ hours, but I'm not sure thats too far off the mark. It probably takes hours to do what would normally take 20-40m.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I'm guessin' you wanted to show off some more of your build?

http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-1073/64/288/-3/0/0

YOWZA
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on May 30, 2013, 03:56:30 PM
I'm guessin' you wanted to show off some more of your build?

http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-1073/64/288/-3/0/0

YOWZA

Yeah, I've been busy over a few days hah I was just curious if there was something I was missing with the overviewer.

Actually I was kind of curious how the map would update now that I've changed my view distance and that I use multi-core processing for chunk loading.

EDIT: Also things are starting to look the way I envisioned!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

What would it take to get Overviewer displaying the new blocks?  Would we need to run an updated version?  Import updated texture packs?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

With the map cleanup, we had all these nice little circles.  Now that people are on the map again, Minecraft is loading chunks in a square pattern.  This means that you can look at the Overviewer and see where people definitely haven't been - if it's a circle shape, no player has been in that area.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

Quote from: Thorin on June 01, 2013, 01:51:42 PM
What would it take to get Overviewer displaying the new blocks?  Would we need to run an updated version?  Import updated texture packs?

Tommo?  You up for updating the Overviewer?  There's a couple of people now who have built with quartz and redstone blocks and it's not showing up.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful