Minecraft Overviewer

Started by Thorin, March 28, 2012, 05:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

I think the Overviewer can't show clay blocks.  I built a red-and-white cabana at the beach here out of coloured clay, and it doesn't show but there's shadows as if there's blocks there: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/30/64/649/max/0/0
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Interesting, it's a very recent version of overviewer, the new one in fact, and pulls the latest jar from mojang. So the only thing I can think is I need to update overviewer again.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Quote from: Thorin on September 13, 2013, 12:11:20 PM
I think the Overviewer can't show clay blocks.  I built a red-and-white cabana at the beach here out of coloured clay, and it doesn't show but there's shadows as if there's blocks there: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/30/64/649/max/0/0

Quote from: Tom on September 13, 2013, 02:32:52 PM
Interesting, it's a very recent version of overviewer, the new one in fact, and pulls the latest jar from mojang. So the only thing I can think is I need to update overviewer again.

Any chance you could update the overviewer this week?  I still don't see my stained-clay cabanas, and I'm hoping to build something else out of stained clay soon.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Tom

I finally got around to looking at the issue, and it was mostly due to a (small) bug in my wrapper script.

so it should be working now. your link shows clay. and apparently they added support for rotated stairs? I see files related to it in their extra texture files, so its a possibility.

Let me know if there's any issues.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

THANK YOU!

That is awesome.  Hardened clay (with colours), wool carpets (with colours), and corner stairs all appear to show correctly now in the Overviewer.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Mr. Analog

Nicely done, nicely done :)

My dome looks like a dome again :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I JUST SAW A MESSAGE ON PLANET BOB THAT MINECRAFT OVERVIEWER FINISHED ITS UPDATE.

Tom

TTTTT  H   H   AAA   N   N  K   K      Y   Y   OOO   U   U  !!!
  T    H   H  A   A  NN  N  K  K        Y Y   O   O  U   U  !!!
  T    HHHHH  A   A  N N N  KKK          Y    O   O  U   U   !
  T    H   H  AAAAA  N  NN  K  K         Y    O   O  U  UU     
  T    H   H  A   A  N   N  K   K        Y     OOO    UU U   !

Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Darn, I should have commented out the rcon commands.... hehe. It /just/ finished uploading all like 7GB of png files.

Mr. Analog

HUMMINA HUMMINA HUMMINA!!!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Funny story. Took an hour or three to write the new script, test it, and FIGHT WITH NGINX. Then another 5 to render and upload the new map. no joke.

Mr. Analog

mY HAT GOES OFF TO YOU SIR!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

but now I can't see the overviewer or even ping mc.tomasu.org

sad clown face
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful