Minecraft Overviewer

Started by Thorin, March 28, 2012, 05:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

overviewer can bite my shiny metal ass. (I'll get around to it >:( )
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

LennyLen

Quote from: Thorin on August 18, 2014, 03:41:56 AM
(also created two villager spawn eggs since the village was abandonedWiped out by Zombies by the time I started fortifying it).

FTFY

Thorin

Sorry if I'm causing you extra work, Tom.  I saw the pink text that indicates it's backing up the map and then Overviewering it, so I thought yay!  I can go see my build!  No such luck, though.

Lenny: there was one left when I started working on the fortifications, but I think he fell in a death hole and died...  Also, I saw nine baby villagers appear after finished fortifying, which should've gotten me to eleven villagers total, but it's only at six villagers right now.  I don't know where the other five went.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

We may need to respawn villagers anyway after the next update, the villagers are getting a lot of improvements and trading items so there will be sub-classes we may need to add.

(finally be able to trade in rotten flesh for emeralds!)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on August 18, 2014, 10:09:02 AM
Sorry if I'm causing you extra work, Tom.  I saw the pink text that indicates it's backing up the map and then Overviewering it, so I thought yay!  I can go see my build!  No such luck, though.
It's probably just not syncing it back to the server properly. maybe the ssh key is invalid or something. I haven't checked yet (will soonish? working on my late taxes atm >:( )

Tom

Figured it out. Some stuff in the maps caused an exception in overviewer itself, so it would never generate properly. Just updated overviewer and it fixed all the things.

Thorin

the overviewer works, The Overviewer Works, THE OVERVIEWER WORKS!

Thank you, Tom!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

Is the Overviewer not working again?  LuckyCh4rms built a big house around abouts here: http://ov.mc.tomasu.org/planetbob/#/32/64/216/max/0/0, and it's not showing up.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

I think over viewer has been down since toms NAS died

Tom

Yeah, overviewer was running on my home server, but it had issues at the same time as my nas, go figure. I just turned everything off. I'll be trying to get everything back up and running after I get back home.

Thorin

Oh, the process of creating the new map was running on your home server, but the Overviewer itself is on a cloud server, right?  Because the map is still visible, just not updated.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on January 12, 2015, 10:30:18 PM
Oh, the process of creating the new map was running on your home server, but the Overviewer itself is on a cloud server, right?  Because the map is still visible, just not updated.
Indeed. The map is hosted on the minecraft vm hosted on digitalocean. I didn't want to run the map generation there because it takes a lot of resources, so I have the actual generation run on my home box, and rsync it up to the vm.

Thorin

Hi Tom, can you try and get the Overviewer work in the next few days?  I wouldn't mind seeing an overview of what I've been building...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on March 08, 2015, 12:14:48 PM
Hi Tom, can you try and get the Overviewer work in the next few days?  I wouldn't mind seeing an overview of what I've been building...
I can attempt it. The server has been back up for a while, so I assume /should/ be working?

Thorin

That would be awesome.  I would give you money to help pay for the servers.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful