Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

Started by Melbosa, October 28, 2008, 02:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

So this looks like a Mortal Kombat style fighting game with DC characters in it.  Probably a rental...

What was always good about the MK games was the Fatality movies (FINISH HIM!).  But looks like they are going for a Teen rating in this one and so had to remove this Fatality (which is so Joker!):
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/278733.html

Lots more vids on Game Trailers btw.

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

OK as a nerd, this game hurts my brain and I don't see how it could possibly make any sense.

I mean, there are a lot of powerful characters in the MK universe but effing Superman here! HELLO! SUPERMAN the man who only vulnerable to magic and kryptonite. So unless Kano has magical robot fists or Sonya has kryptonite tits Supes' would be able to wipe the floor with 'em.

Not to mention other characters that could run circles around the MK crew, heck even Zatanna could turn Scorpion into a rabbit before he could say "Get Over Here".

Just... it hurts my brain. At least with Marvel VS Capcom or Capcom VS SNK the pairings made sense (at least until the boss battles).

The very idea of some lamewad like Raiden beating the crap out of Darkseid just... GAH! G-GAH!!

And before someone says "well it's only a game, a alternate universe / fantasy match up" well that's CRAP. You might as well make a game called NHL VS The Care Bears it would make as much sense.

Ok, I could maybe see Mortal Kombat VS The Teen Titans that might actually work because those characters all have limits to their powers, but then you'd have Sheng Tsung getting his ass handed to him by Beast Boy (no actually that still kinda makes sense).
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Well this trailer might make the game make more sense (and regarding Superman he does comment about them using magic on him): http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/39002/Xbox-360/Mortal-Kombat-vs-DC-Universe.

Looks like the story part of the game might be rich, which would be a change from the typical MK universe stuff.

But I think this still might be a rental for me.

Melbosa

You know... I hate to admit this.... but the more I watch the trailers the more I want to check out this game!

Joker trailer: http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/39321/Xbox-360/Mortal-Kombat-vs-DC-Universe

Mr. Analog

I was lookin' at a friend's journal posting this morning before I left work, he's pretty gung ho about it.

Apparently the DC characters don't get fatalities (though, that would be awesome) they get "brutalities" (mega combos like Killer Instict.

Gotta check out the vids posted tonight though.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 12, 2008, 09:10:26 AM
Apparently the DC characters don't get fatalities (though, that would be awesome) they get "brutalities" (mega combos like Killer Instict.

Originally Joker did originally, as per my first post.  But I'm not sure now with them going for that TEEN rating.