Main Menu

Started by Mr. Analog, August 01, 2012, 02:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on August 01, 2012, 08:15:26 PM
I had to download a proper HD copy. Flexget got a hdtv rip rather than a 720p+ rip. :( it took a whole 5 minutes to download ep 1 and 2. >:( I will never get that time back :(

You can specify the minimum resolution as well as the source quality in the current versions of flexget http://flexget.com/wiki/Qualities

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on August 01, 2012, 10:46:47 PM
Quote from: Tom on August 01, 2012, 08:15:26 PM
I had to download a proper HD copy. Flexget got a hdtv rip rather than a 720p+ rip. :( it took a whole 5 minutes to download ep 1 and 2. >:( I will never get that time back :(

You can specify the minimum resolution as well as the source quality in the current versions of flexget http://flexget.com/wiki/Qualities
Yeah, I added that for now. But I asked in #flexget about something a bit more flexible, and more recent versions of flexget have some seriously flexible/powreful quality settings. To the point that flexget will allow you to say "get these qualities, but only wait a couple hours to get them, otherwise fetch these other qualities, but upgrade to the first set if they appear later". Which I think I'll set up, even if it means a little extra bw.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Melbosa

Been playing with Crafting and now a LVL 30 craft only gives you one enchantment.  I can't seem to get multiple enchantments anymore :(.  Now I need a larger inventory!!!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

I think that should still work, it's just random.
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

I've found traveling by boat to actually be worse than it was before.  Now instead of breaking when I hit lilypads, my boat just keeps constantly breaking for no apparent reason whatsoever. It's possible I'm colliding with invisible squid, as I haven't seen a single one of them since the update.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: LennyLen on August 03, 2012, 07:32:32 AM
I've found traveling by boat to actually be worse than it was before.  Now instead of breaking when I hit lilypads, my boat just keeps constantly breaking for no apparent reason whatsoever. It's possible I'm colliding with invisible squid, as I haven't seen a single one of them since the update.

Ooh that may be, I had problems seeing some items and had to reload the whole JAR and re-apply my mods
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

well 12 lvl 30 enchantments later and I got a 3 enchanter on an axe... bad odds for me
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on August 03, 2012, 09:02:17 PM
well 12 lvl 30 enchantments later and I got a 3 enchanter on an axe... bad odds for me

well on the plus side the median curve is with average users???
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 03, 2012, 08:17:02 AM
Quote from: LennyLen on August 03, 2012, 07:32:32 AM

Ooh that may be, I had problems seeing some items and had to reload the whole JAR and re-apply my mods

That seems to have worked. I now have squid again.

LennyLen

My boats still keep randomly breaking however. :(

Thorin

You didn't really expect they would actually work, did you?  That's like expecting Herobrine to be actually gone.

So the server's on 1.3.1?  We need to update our clients then, too, right?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on August 06, 2012, 04:24:03 PM
You didn't really expect they would actually work, did you?  That's like expecting Herobrine to be actually gone.

So the server's on 1.3.1?  We need to update our clients then, too, right?
Yup.

Thorin

So not all the mods are updated yet.  OptiFine is still in alpha testing for 1.3.1 (and some things are not working).  My AutoSwitch mod doesn't work, nor does JourneyMap.  So I'm back to scrolling to switch to the right tool (instead of the tools auto-switching based on what block I'm pointing at), and I switched to Rei's MiniMap (which is updated for 1.3.1).

I also spent some time cleaning up my custom installation directory.  Mods are now stored in subfolders indicating what version they're for.  And everything's in a Minecraft folder, subdivided into GameFiles, Mods, Notes, and Texture Packs.  The .minecraft folder is inside GameFiles:
Minecraft
.. Start MagicLauncher.bat
.. Start MCPatcher.bat
.. Start Minecraft.bat
.. GameFiles
.... .minecraft
...... MCPatcher.exe
...... MagicLauncher.exe
...... minecraft.exe
.. Mods
.... 1.3.1
...... <mods>
.. Notes
.. Texture Packs
.... <texture packs>

This structure makes updating a little easier, as files don't get overwritten / deleted by me accidentally without me having a backup nearby.

And I've streamlined my Minecraft installation.  When an update is released, I now run minecraft.exe directly to get the update, then patch my Minecraft with the latest MCPatcher to get custom textures, better grass, etc, needed for the better texture packs.  I then get the updated mods (if possible) and place them in the right locations.  To play, I use Magic Launcher to start up Minecraft and patch-in-at-runtime ModLoader, Zombe's Mod Pack, Rei's MiniMap, etc.

Having had to do this on five installations of Minecraft in my home, I can say this is probably the easiest way to update Minecraft if mods are involved.

Oh, and 1.3.1 _without_ OptiFine seems to be running about 50fps where 1.2.5 _with_ OptiFine was running about 65fps.  So perhaps the performance improvements really did improve things.  I'm now able to run Minecraft on my four-year-old Core 2 Duos at Normal render distance without OptiFine, yay!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

So I use MCPatcher to update my minecraft.jar with HD Textures (allows high-res textures), HD Font (allows nice fonts), Better Grass (wraps grass onto side of grass blocks for a nicer look), Random Mobs (allows multiple mob skins if available in texture pack), Custom Colors (allows texture packs to change previously-hard-coded colors), Connected Textures (allows texture packs to blend blocks together), and Better Skies (haven't seen what this does yet).

Unfortunately the Better Grass mod is messed up in 1.3.1 and I'm guessing there won't be a new version of it out.  Yeah, the side of the grass block becomes a stone block (at least, the texture; it's still mined best with a shovel).
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Ever since the update, BMan_C's client seems to be doing odd things, the server complains about his client sending strings that are (WAY) too long (7KB), and then disconnects him.