Main Menu

Started by Thorin, August 14, 2012, 07:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

I didn't dig straight down under me, and I didn't dig straight down under the person with me, so I didn't do that.  Unless you think digging two blocks over and one block down (that's a thirty degree down angle from horizontal) should never be done, in which case, how the hell do you ever make a mine?

The trouble was her jumping on the block just before it took its last damage, and me not reacting quick enough on the mouse release / mouse direction change (I tried both at the same time).
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

I ONLY DIG UP!

...in Soviet Russia...
By Grabthar's Hammer

aethun

Mr. Analog

Good lord.

Guys, I really think it's time to move to a whitelist.

Maybe it was just server glitching or something to do with the map rollback (to Aug 2) but I really think we are starting to get unwanted visitors.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I'll take a look at the backups tonight. See when the cabin disappeared. I'll probably move to a white list then.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

I hadn't seen your summer cabin when it was still there (you need to advertise your builds more :) ). I think it's just server-upgrade-glitching, because if it was griefers, why wouldn't they take out the chapel twenty blocks away, or interfere with the railroad just over from that?

Tom, can you let us know how far back you have to roll the backups for the cabin to reappear?  If it's far enough back that my plane disappears, I would rather just get my clan to help rebuild the cabin (would take way less time, I'm sure).
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on August 25, 2012, 06:31:43 PM
I hadn't seen your summer cabin when it was still there (you need to advertise your builds more :) ). I think it's just server-upgrade-glitching, because if it was griefers, why wouldn't they take out the chapel twenty blocks away, or interfere with the railroad just over from that?

Tom, can you let us know how far back you have to roll the backups for the cabin to reappear?  If it's far enough back that my plane disappears, I would rather just get my clan to help rebuild the cabin (would take way less time, I'm sure).
If he built it after the upgrade, it won't be there at all. Much like Mr. A's ship.

Thorin

I'm confused...  I built (well, finished) my airplane after the upgrade, didn't I?  What exactly is the timeline of upgrades / rollbacks?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on August 25, 2012, 09:38:45 PM
I'm confused...  I built (well, finished) my airplane after the upgrade, didn't I?  What exactly is the timeline of upgrades / rollbacks?
I'm not entirely certain. I've just been assuming the backups broke right around the same time as the upgrade happen. It might have been a bit after. All I know is that when I tested what backups I did have, all of Mr.A's ship yard was gone. But that was built pretty close to the rollback.

Thorin

Right, then you rolled back, then I finished my plane?  You're not going back to before the rollback, are you?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on August 26, 2012, 02:26:57 PM
Right, then you rolled back, then I finished my plane?  You're not going back to before the rollback, are you?
I don't intend on doing any restores/rollbacks any time soon at this point. I think too much has happened recently. :(

There is a possibility of me copy and pasting the cabin back in, If I can find it in a backup.

Thorin

Ah, that's a much more pleasant solution.  And Aethun, if he can't fix it and you need some help rebuilding just let us know.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

Quote from: Tom on August 28, 2012, 06:54:37 PM
Quote from: Thorin on August 28, 2012, 06:49:03 PM
Anyway, if it's so easy to influence douchebags online to get them to play nice, why are we moving to a whitelist on our minecraft server?  In my case, I'm requesting it because I know it's not easy to make people act decent and civil when online unless you can show there's a clear consequence to not acting decent and civil, and it's easier to just not allow people on until someone vouches for them.

A bit offtopic, but I noticed the problems first after some of your brood came on. Maybe one of their friends mentioned the server to someone?

Better to ask and answer that here, I think :)

It's entirely possible that friends of friends have mentioned the server.  You're welcome to publish unknown usernames and I'll ask them to ask their friends.  My first thought at seeing where that cabin used to be was that there were some explosions there.  That made me think of my youngest who likes to blow things up, but he doesn't know how to make TNT (nor has the ingredients), and he's been talked to lots of times about leaving other people's stuff alone.  Maybe a bunch of creepers blew up around him, but I figure the explosion holes would be farther apart then as he still runs away from creepers (don't we all?  poor creepers).
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

My first thought was maybe creeper damage but it doesn't explain the intact cobble noob tower, but then again it almost looks like a natural hole partially filled with dirt?

Not sure, either it was rolled back, blown up or creepered to death.
By Grabthar's Hammer

aethun

It was one of the first things I built. Don't bother though, it was @%&#. The hole was filled with a lot of water that I removed. The destruction looks jarring though (and very extensive for it just to be creepers), but it's not that important.