Main Menu

Started by Thorin, December 24, 2012, 11:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Tom, are you planning on upgrading to 1.4.6 right away, or do you have to wait for Bukkit again?  Yes, there is quite a bit of new stuff packed into 1.4.6, but I'm guessing it's the fireworks with rocketry physics that's new enough to make it incompatible with 1.4.5 / 1.4.4.

An' yeah, as posted in the photo thread there are some Christmassy things added in as well.

For anyone that upgraded their client and now can't play on Usamot, you can always use MCNostalgia to roll back to 1.4.5.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

There's a Beta build out for 1.4.6 it looks like, so I'll attempt the update now.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Tom

Ok, I've updated.

There's a slight problem though. A single chunk in my mine seems to have reverted to something from ages ago, which seems impossible, so it may have been a corrupted chunk, and it reverted to the old style chunk file? I've checked the ship yards and the spawn area, and both Mr A's ship and the portal station are there. Oh, and I just checked the subway station, looks good!

The unfortunate thing is I checked a crap load of backups, none of them have my mine as it was before... I think either mc or bukkit is a tad buggy with saving chunks. I don't have a single mod installed that's messing with the chunk saving at the moment. But for the most part the map looks fine.

Please check it out people.

NOTE: I DID NOTHING WRONG! I made sure to: /save-off, /save-all, /save-on, /stop   then copy the map over to the new server, and test. And then both maps had that one outdated section. I honestly don't get it. Things are backing up, and I haven't seen any issues, other than the map getting outdated occasionally.

Mr. Analog

Ooh I saw a Bukkit update notice when I logged in yesterday

A pity about your build if you need any help fixing stuff let me know buddy!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 25, 2012, 10:02:38 AM
Ooh I saw a Bukkit update notice when I logged in yesterday

A pity about your build if you need any help fixing stuff let me know buddy!
Luckily its nothing major. One chest that was a double chest is now a single chest, and I'm missing some resources, which I can easily get back :)

Thanks though :) I may pop on later today, but I'm thinking of trying to get the map trimmer working today. The nbt/region/map parser/loader is working, just need to finish the map/nbt/region file saving, and then some code to guess what to delete.

My only concern with the code so far is I'm finding chunks in the map that seem corrupted. They are well formed as far as the NBT format is concerned, but they totally lack any block data, or even have invalid world positions. It's strange. I've posted on the mc forums asking about it. I'm betting I can safely delete those sections without issue. But I'll be testing it very thoroughly before putting any edited map live.